GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Water"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 15:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
You're meant to drink like 6 glasses or water a day or something aren't you?

Well, it doesn't specify how big the glasses are, like, is it 6 pints or 6 shots or what? I need to know how much water I have to drink to remain thoroughly hydrated!

Also does the amount of water you drink depend on how tall/big you are? Like, would a 6'5 rugby player have to drink more than a 5'1 librarian?

Also do bigger people have bigger organs? Like, does a fat fellow have a bigger heart and lungs etc than a skinny little emo kid?

I've drank 2 litres of water today, hows that? and I didnt use a Britta filter like you homos, straight from the tap. Oh aye.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:39
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Clazon wrote:
>
> I must have been as dry as a camels tongue...

I demand to know how you know what that's like.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
You know when you stroke camels, they spit at you?

Well I saw one rearing up (dunno how, they're bloody quick) whilst I was petting it once, and in defence I put my hand over it's mouth.

A nice "licking" ensued"
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:32
Regular
You dont have to drink that much water as you get water from food as well. Some foods have more water in them than others like Cucumbers and Lettuce.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
For some reason I had a big rofl moment after reading your post orty.

It seemed completely innocent and sciency like a kid reporting back what he learnt today to his mum. I even put in the Paschetti type voice on cucumber.

I'm insane...
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:47
"period drama"
I think if you eat all your fruit and veg for the day, you can take a glass of water away from that.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:53
Depends what the fruit and vegetables are though.

Tomatoes are like 95% water, so they're good.
Tue 30/08/05 at 06:23
"Tesco value"
I went through a phase of drinking loads of water once, We had a health and safety meeting at work and was told it was only going to be half hour, I needed a pee but decided I could hold it in till after.

It went on for three times as long and I never had the guts to ask all these people way above me on the career ladder if I could go 'shake hands with the unemployed' so I just sat there in pain, sweating like a stuck pig and eventually getting the shakes, not nice.

Oh the relief afterwards!

not as good as my mate who had a fear of having dumps in places other than his own, me and my mates went to Spain for a couple of weeks, and he never took a crap all the time we were out there. On the last day he bottled it and tryed to go in the sea but was by then constipated and had to see the Dr when he got back!
Tue 30/08/05 at 09:16
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Chr1s wrote:
> Drinking too much water often makes you feel sick as well.
>
> I remember having a water drinking competition once. I downed three
> pints of it in about thirty seconds and then promptly threw up. I
> suppose that was more to do with the fact that I drank it very
> quickly rather than the volume though.

I had one once as well, downed about 9 glasses of water down, could just about walk afterwards though!

In fat people your heart stays the same size, thats why so many fat people are always out of breath, because their organs cant cope with all the extra weight...
You are supposed to drink alot of water, because it helps flush out all the toxins in your body.
Tue 30/08/05 at 10:40
Regular
"bit of a brain"
About drinking too much water, the cases that everyone else has described only occur if you only drink water and don't eat anything else, or if you drink vast quantities of water (50l+) a day, while eating very little. I also imagine drinking that much water would screw with your kidneys somewhat.

On a side note, if you drink warm, salty water (and manage not to throw up, it's horrifically disgusting), none of it will get absorbed in your small intestine like I usually is, and the warm water will give your large intestine the equivalent of a colonic. You'll be peeing out of your ass for a couple of days, though (I haven't actually tried this, btw, but if ever you want a colonic but don't want to pay or have a vacuum cleaner stuck up your exit hole, give it a go).

Oh, and my Thames tap water is cleaner than all of you waters! It's so full of chemicals there's no room for anything else. But if you put tap water in a bottle in the fridge, and leave it to cool, all the chemicals separate, and you get water that tastes like mineral water, without all the additives.
Tue 30/08/05 at 11:14
Regular
"\\"
Clazon wrote:
> Also, to add onto points Emitime and gordenisagaybys made:
>
> Emitime isn't quite right. The diluting of the blood only occurs when
> you're taking ecstacy or something that causes the blood vessels to
> open up.

It really does happen.

Not sure how much it takes. 30l springs to mind. But yeah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.