GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading 2005 Yo !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 14:55
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
So yeah, whats everyones views of it this year?

In my opinion, the line-up was terrible but there was a few good bands I enjoyed. I may have High Fived someone here along the main boardwalk through Yellow camp. I got about 50 people i think.

So yeah, I'm going to do a complaint email to mean fiddler as to why the orange phone recharging tent wasn't there. . . facist pigs. £5 for a disposable phone charge that charges it half a bar. Idiots.

Also gonna ask them what they're doing with bands these days. In my opinion, it's starting to turn into a crappy indie pop fest when years ago it was mostly hardcore.

Wasn't happy but still had awesome time.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
mattributé wrote:

> Manchester. And I've got a yera of college left yet, so yeah. Might
> be going Leeds uni though, so I'll have to see.

It's not so great a city and it's got a high burglary rate for the uni housing. Just so you know.

> But the ffort will be for T... it's in Scotland, and I've no idea how
> to navigate scot...land. So yeah, we'll see.

Use lots of velcro.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Paradox: wrote:
> mattributé wrote:
>
> Exactly. Next year I want to go to Leeds (again) and possibly T in
> the park or V, depending on line up. I know I'll enjoy them, so it's
> worth making the effort, innit?
>
> You're not far from Leeds really though are you? Where you gunna be
> for uni next year?

Manchester. And I've got a yera of college left yet, so yeah. Might be going Leeds uni though, so I'll have to see.

But the ffort will be for T... it's in Scotland, and I've no idea how to navigate scot...land. So yeah, we'll see.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:32
Regular
"SOUP!"
mattributé wrote:

> Exactly. Next year I want to go to Leeds (again) and possibly T in
> the park or V, depending on line up. I know I'll enjoy them, so it's
> worth making the effort, innit?

You're not far from Leeds really though are you? Where you gunna be for uni next year?

They had about 15 V festivals this year so there will probably be one outside your house next year so travelling isn't a problem. But yeah, it's worth travelling absolutely. The only bad thing about Download and travelling was having to get up at 6am to catch a shuttle bus to the station before the queues, when I was still drunk on rum. Rum drunkness isn't a good thing.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:30
Regular
"SOUP!"
mattributé wrote:

> yeah, that may be goths, but they're the same boat. Stop wearing
> hoodies of bands you've never listened too and stop caring.

Heh that's ultimately true. As long as it's got fire on it and blood and forks then it's all good.

I had to have my hoody imported from a Terrorist country so it had a band on it I knew. I dont know who "Ravenblood murderrape" or "slaughterblood fannytighteners" are. SICK!
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Paradox: wrote:
> Reading was about 70 miles for me, whereas it would take me 20 minutes
> to get to Leedsfest. But I made the effort and got to see about 30
> bands I like as opposed to three bands I like who played at
> Leedsfest. It's really worth travelling.

Exactly. Next year I want to go to Leeds (again) and possibly T in the park or V, depending on line up. I know I'll enjoy them, so it's worth making the effort, innit?
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> And now it seems they're just going more and more
> indie and I personally don't like it.

If you don't like it, go somewhere else - I was annoyed by the amount of moshers there that... well... yeah. 'I wear eyeliner on my face, look at me I'm so individual... and misunderstood. I'M MORE MISUNDERSTOOD THAN YOU COULD EVER BE.'

yeah, that may be goths, but they're the same boat. Stop wearing hoodies of bands you've never listened too and stop caring.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:27
Regular
"SOUP!"
mattributé wrote:

> Oh, and the phone tent wasn't there because Orange aren't a major
> sponsor anymore? Though Nokia were, but didn't charge phones....
> yeah. But just because they didn't charge phones doesn't mean they
> hate blacks and queers now, does it?

O2 has a free phone recharge point at Download fest. The queue was about 9 hours. People kept queueing.

I used my phone about twice at Download though, I dont see the need for it unless you lose your mates.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
Reading was about 70 miles for me, whereas it would take me 20 minutes to get to Leedsfest. But I made the effort and got to see about 30 bands I like as opposed to three bands I like who played at Leedsfest. It's really worth travelling.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If you're going to a festival, why bother about the distance? All it means is more travelling - it doesn't make much a difference apart from that.

----

Oh, and the phone tent wasn't there because Orange aren't a major sponsor anymore? Though Nokia were, but didn't charge phones.... yeah. But just because they didn't charge phones doesn't mean they hate blacks and queers now, does it?
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:21
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
i know but download is so far for me.

And also, all i know is in my opinion from going over the past 5 years, I have loved it so much every year but the past 2 years it's been getting worse. And now it seems they're just going more and more indie and I personally don't like it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.