GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reading 2005 Yo !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 14:55
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
So yeah, whats everyones views of it this year?

In my opinion, the line-up was terrible but there was a few good bands I enjoyed. I may have High Fived someone here along the main boardwalk through Yellow camp. I got about 50 people i think.

So yeah, I'm going to do a complaint email to mean fiddler as to why the orange phone recharging tent wasn't there. . . facist pigs. £5 for a disposable phone charge that charges it half a bar. Idiots.

Also gonna ask them what they're doing with bands these days. In my opinion, it's starting to turn into a crappy indie pop fest when years ago it was mostly hardcore.

Wasn't happy but still had awesome time.
Wed 31/08/05 at 17:10
Regular
anyone still wearing their wrist band ??? Mines starting to get a bit itchy. I think I left my 2003 one on for about 3 months after.
Wed 31/08/05 at 16:36
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Saw Four Tet and LCD Soundsystem out of them. Pixies and Arcade Fire stole the show in my mind.
Wed 31/08/05 at 06:51
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Had a great time.

Most of the bands were rubbish though, except the Sunday night. Buck 65, Four Tet, LCD Soundsystem, then Mylo. Ossum.
Tue 30/08/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> So yeah, I'm going to do a complaint email to mean fiddler as to why
> the orange phone recharging tent wasn't there. . . facist pigs.
> £5 for a disposable phone charge that charges it half a bar.
> Idiots.

They probably didn't have it as Orange didn't sponsor it this year (at least I don't think they did). Nokia had a big tent, but it didn't have phone chargers, just some downloads or whatnot for people with expensive phones... I don't really see the need for rechargers anyway... If you turn off your phone when asleep / watching bands (when you won't hear them ringing anyway) then they should last the weekend no problem...

> Also gonna ask them what they're doing with bands these days. In my
> opinion, it's starting to turn into a crappy indie pop fest when
> years ago it was mostly hardcore.

eh? Iron Maiden...? Marilyn Manson? Incubus? NOFX? Pretty much everything on Sunday main stage was never approaching Indie... There's a few big name 'indie' bands about (Killers, Razorlight) on the main stage, but mostly it was business as usual. There's always been tons of indie bands between the NME and Carling stages... I don't think it was ever 'mostly hardcore' unless your definition of hardcore varies vastly from mine... I was quite pleased with this years lineup, although rather annoyed that Bad Religion weren't headlining the Concrete Jungle as advertised... It would've only meant ten minutes extra time for them, but they have so many great songs, ten minutes could have meant another couple of classics! Nevermind though. Got to see the Pixies again, though didn't think they were up to the standard they set last time I saw em. Still, a good weekend.
Tue 30/08/05 at 16:39
Regular
lol, pathetic. You know everyone.
Tue 30/08/05 at 12:21
Regular
If your not a goth or an emo, then your a freaky older kid who wants to hang onto his youth, who thinks he's cool and knows everything about bands, when really he's just a pawn of Colin and Edith.
I know someone just like you.
Tue 30/08/05 at 12:02
Regular
by the way, i'm not a goth or an emo. . . ist?
Mon 29/08/05 at 22:29
Regular
"SOUP!"
Possum_Number2 wrote:

> I dunno what your problem is, whether you're having a go at me with
> this statement is but I don't care what political crappyness you come
> up with, I just didn't like the bands over the past couple of years
> but I still go because it's an awesome festival and experience.

Boo-hoo, tell it to your Livejournal.
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:09
Regular
Haha emo's and goths are so silly minded.
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:03
Regular
mattributé wrote:

yeah, that may be goths, but they're the same boat. Stop wearing
> hoodies of bands you've never listened too and stop caring.

I dunno what your problem is, whether you're having a go at me with this statement is but I don't care what political crappyness you come up with, I just didn't like the bands over the past couple of years but I still go because it's an awesome festival and experience.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.