GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cricket v Football"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 10:24
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I was listening to the Radio 5 phone in earlier and its amazing the amount of people who seem to be making the switch from football to cricket at the moment in terms of interest and I have to say I am one of them.

There has been absolutely nothing in the football season so far that has given me any inspiration, Leicester or otherwise. I have found the cricket a lot more enthralling. Before the series I was not really into cricket whatsoever but like many, I have found myself gripped to the TV for every minute of the recent tests as it is pure drama and as Richie Bennett described it, its not just a sport but also a human drama as the game of cricket is based around the errors of the people who play it.

So I was just wondering if people felt the same, I'm not losing my passion for Leicester or football in general, but I think the attitude of the players in the cricket in particular on both sides has put footballers around the Premiership to shame. What do you all think?
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:43
Regular
"The Red Shift"
So what you're saying is he's either gay or 300lbs and a boozer.

Interesting way to praise your beloved hero...
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:47
He's both, but also anorexic and straight.

He's everything.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:49
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Except Kaka.

Crucial dividing point.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:52
Agreed.
Tue 30/08/05 at 01:48
Regular
Football. And for the record:

Football > Tennis > Rugby > Cricket

:D
Tue 30/08/05 at 03:10
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hahaha. Ultimate Frisbee. God that brings back memories. What an incredibly crap "sport".
Tue 30/08/05 at 03:18
Regular
Ooooh, someone else up this late :D

Ultimate Frisbee rules :P
Tue 30/08/05 at 03:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
Hahaha. UF is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen/played. I also love the fact that it's taken SO seriously when it truly is ridiculous.

I shouldn't be up this late. I've got to get up in 4 hours :-/
Tue 30/08/05 at 03:42
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Hahaha. UF is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen/played. I
> also love the fact that it's taken SO seriously when it truly is
> ridiculous.

Yeah, as a serious sport it's just stupid but it's a good laugh if you're with mates.

> I shouldn't be up this late. I've got to get up in 4 hours :-/

Hehe, I'll probably get up at about 3pm :P
Tue 30/08/05 at 09:24
Regular
"Paid, Laid n Made"
football is way better than cricket

cricet is like watching paint dry

football has more fans and viewers

football has more action

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.