GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cricket v Football"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 10:24
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I was listening to the Radio 5 phone in earlier and its amazing the amount of people who seem to be making the switch from football to cricket at the moment in terms of interest and I have to say I am one of them.

There has been absolutely nothing in the football season so far that has given me any inspiration, Leicester or otherwise. I have found the cricket a lot more enthralling. Before the series I was not really into cricket whatsoever but like many, I have found myself gripped to the TV for every minute of the recent tests as it is pure drama and as Richie Bennett described it, its not just a sport but also a human drama as the game of cricket is based around the errors of the people who play it.

So I was just wondering if people felt the same, I'm not losing my passion for Leicester or football in general, but I think the attitude of the players in the cricket in particular on both sides has put footballers around the Premiership to shame. What do you all think?
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:37
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Would you go watch

Nottinghamshire vs Worcestershire

I thought not.

England v Australia is the only cricket game people want to see and only because we are winning. Whenwe start losing again no one will care as per usual.

Until people go and watch county cricket there isnt even an argument its more popular than football.

People still sell out England football internationals when they kno the manager doesnt know what he is doing!
Mon 29/08/05 at 18:27
Regular
I prefer football to cricket...

But I have been enjoying cricket lately and I will follow it more closely than before.

But it's just like the Rugby world cup thing, people jumping on the popularity bandwagon.

Footy all the way.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
I love international cricket, but of course the Ashes series is the pinnacle. There will be less interest once it's over, but assuming we win and therefore become the best Test side in the World, I can imagine there being much more interest in the winter tours to...to...

Actually, I'm not sure, Where are England headed next?
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:36
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Yeah, I've been an international cricket fan for ages. Well, England international cricket. Who made a topic about the first Ashes test? Was it erm.. me? Oh yes, it was, well done Matthew.

Get off the bandwagon and put down the handbook. Scenesters.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I love cricket in general. Perfect when Sky Sports offer up some one-day or 20-20 action on a long day.

All in all it just means I don't get into the swing of things with the Premiership until November.
Mon 29/08/05 at 23:51
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Clazon wrote:
> All in all it just means I don't get into the swing of things with
> the Premiership until November.

The premiership, October - March is all one haze. It's hard to explain, but it's like... the games don't have as much meaning anymore... they're the games that test your squad, sure, but when you lose in August or May, you really feel it, but if you lose away at Boro in early January thanks to a dodgy refereeing decision, it hurts, but not as much...
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I get that too, but seeing as I'm so busy and interested in so many sports, I never actually watch games on TV until the November-May period.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:16
RastaBillySkank wrote:

> Anyway, yeah I've noticed that. FiveLive did a poll recently and it
> was something silly like 80% of people preferred cricket to football.
> I just can't believe that's true.

They probably did it midway through an extremely dull cricket match.

Anyway

Pirlo > football > tennis > rugby > cricket.
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:37
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Pirlo can't be greater than football?

It's what made him a legend in your eyes...

Therefore he can't be greater than the provider.

Ha.

I believe they call that pipe shovage.
:D
Tue 30/08/05 at 00:40
He's greater than everything, at everything.

If he didn't play football, he'd be awesome at UltimateFrisbee or something

Darts.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.