GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cricket v Football"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/08/05 at 10:24
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I was listening to the Radio 5 phone in earlier and its amazing the amount of people who seem to be making the switch from football to cricket at the moment in terms of interest and I have to say I am one of them.

There has been absolutely nothing in the football season so far that has given me any inspiration, Leicester or otherwise. I have found the cricket a lot more enthralling. Before the series I was not really into cricket whatsoever but like many, I have found myself gripped to the TV for every minute of the recent tests as it is pure drama and as Richie Bennett described it, its not just a sport but also a human drama as the game of cricket is based around the errors of the people who play it.

So I was just wondering if people felt the same, I'm not losing my passion for Leicester or football in general, but I think the attitude of the players in the cricket in particular on both sides has put footballers around the Premiership to shame. What do you all think?
Mon 29/08/05 at 10:24
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I was listening to the Radio 5 phone in earlier and its amazing the amount of people who seem to be making the switch from football to cricket at the moment in terms of interest and I have to say I am one of them.

There has been absolutely nothing in the football season so far that has given me any inspiration, Leicester or otherwise. I have found the cricket a lot more enthralling. Before the series I was not really into cricket whatsoever but like many, I have found myself gripped to the TV for every minute of the recent tests as it is pure drama and as Richie Bennett described it, its not just a sport but also a human drama as the game of cricket is based around the errors of the people who play it.

So I was just wondering if people felt the same, I'm not losing my passion for Leicester or football in general, but I think the attitude of the players in the cricket in particular on both sides has put footballers around the Premiership to shame. What do you all think?
Mon 29/08/05 at 10:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Anyone else getting the sense of de ja vu?
Mon 29/08/05 at 11:33
Regular
Yeah, it's much better, and Jonny Wilkinson is a great rolemodel for the kids...

Hang on, wrong bandwagon. Sorry about that.

Rugby>Football>Tennis>Cricket.

Sorted.
Mon 29/08/05 at 11:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
Pfft.

Football > Cricket > Rugby > Tennis

If you're going for those sports. I could just shorten it and say "F0otteee PWNS!!!". :-)

Anyway, yeah I've noticed that. FiveLive did a poll recently and it was something silly like 80% of people preferred cricket to football. I just can't believe that's true. We'll just see once the last embers of the Ashes have been stoked (see what I did there?) and the football season's in full swing.
Mon 29/08/05 at 11:58
Regular
"Colourless"
Reynolds wrote:
> Richie Bennett
Mon 29/08/05 at 12:09
Regular
Excellent, didn't register that last time. Novel way of spelling his name.
Mon 29/08/05 at 12:18
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Meh, I don't like Cricket. I find it amusing people who have the balls to call American Football or Baseball boring are then found the next day watching Cricket.

Fair enough if you like it, but doing so automatically eliminates you from being able to call anything else boring. :-)

Football all the way.
Mon 29/08/05 at 12:38
Regular
Bah, the ashes will be over in a week or so and we'll all be loving football again.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:28
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Cricket is good at the moment, but you can't say it's better than football.
Mon 29/08/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
A game that can be played for 5 days and still not come up with a winner? I'll stay well away from it thank ye

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.