GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England Squad Announced"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/08/05 at 19:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
Keepers
Robinson (Tottenham)
Green (Norwich)
Kirkland (Liverpool)

Defenders
Young (Charlton)
Warnock (Liverpool)
P Neville (Everton)
A Cole (Arsenal)
Carragher(Liverpool)
Ferdinand (Man Utd)
Terry (Chelsea)
Upson (Birmingham)

Midfielders
Beckham (Real Madrid)
Gerrard (Liverpool)
Lampard (Chelsea)
J Cole (Chelsea)
Hargreaves (Bayern Munich)
Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)
Jenas (Newcastle)
Carrick (Tottenham)
Richardson (Man Utd)

Forwards
Owen (Real Madrid)
Rooney (Man Utd)
Defoe (Tottenham)
A Johnson (Crystal Palace)
Bent (Charlton)

Surprised to see Stevie II in there. Good to see Luke Young getting a chance, Carrick too.
Fri 02/09/05 at 20:36
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dringo wrote:
> down wrote:
> Still, it's the wrong game to experiment in
>
> It is hardly a dangerous experiment is it!

Wonder when Sven will stop experimenting. First it was every friendly with 11 subs and now it's in matches that count. Hopefully we will find a squad that we can settle down with like the Cricket squad and maybe, just maybe we will win something sooner rather than later (or ever at all!)
Fri 02/09/05 at 18:49
Regular
down wrote:
> Still, it's the wrong game to experiment in

It is hardly a dangerous experiment is it!
Fri 02/09/05 at 18:41
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Think Young will impress? To tell you the truth I'd not heard of him before the squad was announced!
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:09
Regular
Not really.

Wales are a weakened side. If Sven hammers home in training how he wants the team to play, then I don't see why we won't play well.
Thu 01/09/05 at 17:34
Still, it's the wrong game to experiment in
Thu 01/09/05 at 17:15
Regular
I was replying to Rasta's comment.

And it's not really that defensive.

We'll be going for the win, which means that SWP, Joe Cole, Lampard and Gerrard will all be pushing up into attacking positions to support Rooney.
Thu 01/09/05 at 14:18
Regular
"..."
Mav wrote:
> Unless he plays 4-3-3 with Rooney out wide.

According to the BBC, he's playing 4-5-1 with Rooney on his own up front.

Can't help but think that's far too negative to say we're playing Wales...
Thu 01/09/05 at 12:30
Regular
Unless he plays 4-3-3 with Rooney out wide.
Thu 01/09/05 at 12:25
Regular
"You've upset me"
Beckham isn't a natual holding midfielder but as Sven is unwilling to drop him it's the best solution, just so long as he sticks to his role and doesn't go glory-hunting it could be a successful experiment.

It'll only stay like that for the Wales game though, when Owen's elegible to play again there's no way Sven would leave him or Rooney out.
Thu 01/09/05 at 12:22
Regular
Ah, but he's clearly not working well on the right. With both him and Joe Cole drifting inside, we end up getting very little width.

I reckon he'd actually be pretty good there. Perhaps not so good as somebody like Hargreaves, Carrick or Parker, but I'll give him a chance and see how he does. For a holding player, I suppose you want tackling, passing, stamina and work rate, and he's good enough at all four.

The only problem I see with him playing there is discipline. Is he really going to enjoy that position, or will he charge up the field like his attacking instincts tell him?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.