GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TNA Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/08/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I know some of you watch TNA and I personally am just getting into it so i thought it might be good to have a thread to chat about TNA in!

Especially as it sounds like its going to get bigger and rival WWE.

I have seen some comments about TNA in other threads so this could be the place to bring them all together!
Thu 29/09/05 at 18:06
Regular
Eursport 2, 7.00 - 8.00pm, tonight.

Yay!
Wed 28/09/05 at 21:15
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Yes sorry I was talking about this Saturday proper not the show coming up on TWC.

Good thing about TWC being behind is you get to look forward to some great matches!
Wed 28/09/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
He means this week's !mpact, TWC are about 5 weeks behind

Anyway two *** matches on that card easily just for a normal show, WWE are lucky to get that on a PPV
Wed 28/09/05 at 21:10
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Are you talkin about TWC?

I looked on TWC site and it said for this saturdays impact...

TNA presents iMPACT! Featuring Sean Waltman & Alex Shelley vs. Shark Boy & Abyss, Elix Skipper vs. Apollo, Petey Williams & Kip James vs. Konnan & Lance Hoyt, plus Raven and more!
Wed 28/09/05 at 21:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The following matches are confirmed for Saturday’s TNA Impact:

AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong

Monty Brown vs. Lex Lovett

Chris Sabin vs. Petey Williams vs. Alex Shelley

Jeff Hardy vs. Rhino
Mon 26/09/05 at 12:13
Regular
"..."
I chuckled at the idea of the British comentary team. Seriously who's idea was that?
Sun 25/09/05 at 12:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Fígó wrote:

> After Kawada's heavy praise, I was expecting a lot from Daniels and
> AJ and boy did they put on one heck of a match. You can't really
> describe a TNA styled X Division match, you just have to see it. The
> action is all very slick and polished, and some of the moves that
> these two were pulling off was superb. I was particurly impressed
> with that flying punch that AJ did. Looked awesome.

just watched that match. utterly fantastic.
i rewound that springboard punch about 20 times, it's so fluid!! everything about that move was perfect, from the start as he slid out between the ropes it was one smooth motion, impeccable timing. here's to Eurosport keeping TNA on there for a LONG time, i don't care if it's behind or not.

in other news, Alex Shanes promo/match from last nights academy show are worth buying the dvd for when it's released (and no, i'm not biased, if it was crap i'd say so ;) ) he just gets a mic and rags on everyone in an expletive laden fashion... he's my hero.
"i'm from london, i'm more important than all of you and london's more important than portsmouth, i don't see al-quaida trying to blow portsmouth up, do you?" i almost died laughing... not sure if that line will make it to the disc though so thought i'd share ;)
the rest of the promo is the traditional heel tirade against the town/crowd/other guy, but the impressive level of 4 letter words makes it worthwhile :D
the crowd was totally hot last night and the Shane/Sloan match got some wicked heat, tremendous atmosphere.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:16
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Credit: Rajah.com

TITO ORTIZ RETURNING TO TNA WRESTLING
To appear on “iMPACT!” on Spike TV

TNAwrestling.com has learned that the hottest free agent in mixed martial arts, “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz, will be making his return to TNA Wrestling on an upcoming episode of “iMPACT!” on Spike TV!

Ortiz served as the special referee in the main event at May’s “Hard Justice” Pay-Per-View, featuring “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles beating Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

Ortiz will be meeting with TNA management and NWA Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko next week in Orlando to discuss his return to Total Nonstop Action.
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Kawada wrote:

> Signing Nash weakens them in my opinion, the man hasn't drawn a dime
> in his life and could possibly cause trouble backstage.

Good point. If Scott Hall joins him as well trouble can't be far behind. Hopefully though WWF/WWE fans will start to see old faces appearing in TNA and will get drawn to watching it giving TNA a much bigger fanbase.
Sat 24/09/05 at 13:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Fígó wrote:
> So, I finally get to see the mighty TNA.

Bet it was nice to see what a decent wrestling show looks like for a change :-D

> First things first, the British Commentary is awful. I take that its
> the American Broadcast on TWC? Too bad Im on NTL.

Yup Don West and Tenay on TWC. Pretty stupid not having them on the coverage, Tenay is the voice of TNA, it's not the same without him especially when you've got this stupid english guy who can't figure out whether he's some wide boy essex lad or has an American accent. Plus why the need for explaining every little bit? Virtually everyone who would have watched it would have seen some wrestling in their life without having the need of the rules being explained to them

> But anyway, the actual show I was very impressed with. It didn't
> start off too well with the Jarrett, Brown battle. I like Jarrett,
> but that Brown is fudging useless. He was slow, clumsy and what was
> that finisher?! A shoddy shoulder tackle ahahaha.

Fear the POUNCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

> After Kawada's heavy praise, I was expecting a lot from Daniels and
> AJ and boy did they put on one heck of a match. You can't really
> describe a TNA styled X Division match, you just have to see it. The
> action is all very slick and polished, and some of the moves that
> these two were pulling off was superb. I was particurly impressed
> with that flying punch that AJ did. Looked awesome.

Did he also do the Pele in the match, that overhead kick? That's also very impressive.

> Overall, TNA is hot baby. At first, I wasn't very impressed and had
> my doubts about the federation after the shambles that was the Brown,
> Jarrett match, but after that, well, it rocked. The WWE and Vince
> really have to book up their idea's, or they'll find their fans are
> switching off RAW and Smackdown and turning over to TNA.

Yea TNA is strange in that, in my opinion at least, the X-Division is actually a more important and more exciting belt than the heavyweight title, hence why it's usually a X-Division match ending the PPV show because TNA know what the fans like and know what should be given the main event time slot on most occasions

> A few questions though. How far is TNA behind at the moment on
> Eurosport and TWC?

TWC is like a month behind and Eurosport differs from showing stuff from February and March as they mentioned Against All Odds and Destination X on a few occasions

> Is coverage continuing on Eurosport and if so,
> when is it next on?

Would think so, probably same time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.