GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"US Open"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 20:01
Regular
"0228"
Draw was made today:

[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4153606.stm[/URL]

Team GB are completely screwed.

Henman should win his first round match but the French guy that he'll probably face in the second round is pretty decent from what I've seen. If he did make it the third round then the rest of his journey would probably look like this: Ancic - Safin - Hewitt - Federer - Nadal. Not a chance for Tim, not a chance.

Rusedski has it even tougher. He could face Nadal in the third round which is pretty unlucky and to get there he's a got a couple of matches that won't be easy, especially with an American in the first round.

Murray still has to get past the qualifying stages and with him having a bad shoulder that's not guaranteed. If he did make it into the draw then it'd be tough for him to get very far because he'd alost certainly end up against one of the top seeds very early on.

It was looking petty good for GB just a few days ago. Rusedski's been on fantastic form, Henman had a great run last year at the US Open, and Murray's only been improving since Wimbledon. Looks like it'll be at least 2006 before a Brit win a Grand Slam again.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:07
Regular
"0228"
Henman lost his serve again, now in the second set. He is actually playing well but is having some awful luck. It's starting to rain now so I'm not sure how much longer they'll play for. I am surprised at how much the crowd like Henman though, they seem to love cheering for him.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:13
Regular
"0228"
Heman loses serve AGAIN to go 4-1 down. In his defence, Verdasco has begun to play brilliantly making some extraordinary shots.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:27
Regular
"0228"
Henman 4 2
Verdasco 6 6

Not looking good, however, when does Henman ever win easily? Henman's had some good chances to break but Verdasco has played well and had the better luck. As with last night's game when the very shiny Sharapova beat Daniilidou, the score doesn't tell the full story.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:38
Regular
"0228"
Ahahahaha, this is brilliant. Verdasco hit the ball out but the umpire said it was in. Henman starts complaining about the decision and the crowd start helping him by chanting "Out!" and then another bloke says "Kick his a$$ Tim!" However, the umpire didn't change his mind, allowing Verdasco to break his serve yet again.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:45
Regular
"0228"
*sigh*

Loses serve again. This has reached a point of stupidity. Henman looks certain to lose in straight sets now and if it weren't for Michael Owen moving to Newcastle, the press would have a fun day tomorrow.
Tue 30/08/05 at 17:58
Regular
Excellent. Henman is awful. Did you hear the defending woman's champion went out yesterday? That's extremely good news, if you ask me.

And Rafa Nadal looks even more stacked than normal.
Tue 30/08/05 at 18:01
Regular
"0228"
Henman 4 2 2
Verdasco 6 6 6

pwned.

Henman did go a bit crappy towards the end but Verdasco capitalised on that by playing some great stuff. Henman's serve was poor with numerous double faults, and you could see his frustration at times.

Greg will probably become British numero uno now, but, he's a break down in his own match. Papers should be interesting tomorrow, the back pages will obviously by dominated by Owen but ths story will makes its way in somewhere and all Henman can do now is pray that Murray goes out to stop the otherwise inevitable "Brave Murray battles on as tired Henman is thrashed."

The papers will manage to describe Murray as brave even he loses though. It's their favourite word.
Tue 30/08/05 at 18:04
Regular
"0228"
Stryke wrote:
>stuff

Yey, company!

Also, Rusedski has broke back and held serve which is good. I like Greg.
Tue 30/08/05 at 18:15
Regular
"0228"
FFS, Rusedski's lost the first set 7-5. I'm going to stop watching now, it's too depressing.
Tue 30/08/05 at 19:48
Regular
Well done, Greggers. Top showing. I thought he was supposed to have momentum, and that sort of stuff.

Ah, well. Murray will take a seed to 5 sets and then break his spleen.

My hopes rest with Nadal to defeat everyone with sheer bicep size.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.