GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Off to the Leeds festival I go."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/08/05 at 13:33
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Well, yeah, it doens't start until friday, but I'm going over to my uncle's tonight, going for a few drinks, then we'll be setting off in the morn. So yeha, i thought I'd make a goodbye post and also, hand you all the prospect of meeting me.

If you are going to the Leeds festival and you see an ugly bas like so: [URL]http://pic.piczo.com/img/i60603197_39906.jpg[/URL], then count yourselves lucky - you've just seen the amazing mattributé! So yeah, come over, give me a hug, invite me back to your tent for the evening and we'll have a real good time.

Word.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
Stryke wrote:
> I like it. I saw Idlewild there, and my mates saw Ocean Colour Scene.
> Both gigs got good reports, and I trust the 'wild report, because it
> was from me.
>
> It's nice and small, and seems to have good acoustics. Tis all I
> want.

Wait, were you in the actual union building, the one with the normal height ceiling, or the Met? The met is crap because it's a really high building and you lose a lot of the sound.
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
mattributé wrote:
> but y'know...
> you can't choose what your parents force on you.

Or in you :'-(
Mon 29/08/05 at 15:59
Regular
The good uni, not the Met. The Kaiser Chiefs were in the Met when I went to Idlewild, which meant the train back to York was clogged with stupid little Franz-kiddies. And a few students, mind.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Ah right, then I can't comment. I've only ever been to the Met of the two uni venues.

The Cockpit is a much better venue, it's rather small (holds about 500) but bands sound so much better there. Also there's no crash barrier so you can get uber close to the band.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Stryke wrote:
> The good uni, not the Met. The Kaiser Chiefs were in the Met when I
> went to Idlewild, which meant the train back to York was clogged with
> stupid little Franz-kiddies. And a few students, mind.

Ahah, yeah, gotta love the Indie kids. They're kind of scenesters - people who care more about the style and the scene than about the music.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:06
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah, it takes them so long to get their hair intentionally messy. Bless.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:07
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Paradox: wrote:
> The Cockpit is a much better venue, it's rather small (holds about
> 500) but bands sound so much better there. Also there's no crash
> barrier so you can get uber close to the band.

What about the blank canvas? The Music have played there, so it can't be that bad. Capacity?
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:14
Regular
"SOUP!"
Blank Canvas is a relatively new venue in the refurbished part of town near the bus station where they've just built the BBC building etc.

It seems to be attracting quite a few big names. I dislike them intensely but Cradle of Filth are playing there sometime this autumn and when they played Leeds last time they played at the met, which is about 1,500 capacity, so I'd guess it's a biggish building.
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:41
Regular
On Friday I only bothered seeing Maiden, and I got bored after about 10 minutes so I went to bed. On Saturday I managed to see:

Dropkick Murphy's, who hurt my ears.
Goldie Lookin Chain, who were awesome. Really good festival music.
The Coral, who were great.
QOTSA, who rocked, but didn't play the right tracks. Fun Machine Took a S*** and Died, Song for the Dead and No One Knows were great, though.
The Killer's, who were alright, but didn't deserve the reception they got.
Pixies really destroyed the rest though. Really long set, and they played Tame, Hey (!!!) and Wave of Mutilation twice. Oh, and Cactus. How I love Frank and his shiny head.

On Sunday I only caught Kings of Leon's last song, which was great, and then the Foos. Really much, much better than I expected. They Played This Is A Call, For All The Cows and Enough Space, which makes me very, very happy. Stacked Actors was also amazing, and seeing Dave Grohl drumming was nice. I wasn't expecting them to top Queens of the Stone Age, GLC and Pixies, but I think they did.

I also puked up a couple of times, and didn't see teh matt. :(
Mon 29/08/05 at 16:49
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Rickoss wrote:
> I also puked up a couple of times, and didn't see teh matt. :(

You to a festival for music, hove-sicle. You poor soul.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.