GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right, BF2"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/08/05 at 13:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Considering getting this one, have a couple of questions first to ease my troubled mind.

Is it subscription based, like WoW?
Have they sorted out out that awful unwieldy menu system?
Does Xfire work with it yet?

Cheers
Mon 22/08/05 at 15:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Goatboy wrote:
> swearing and slamming my fists onto the keyboard because I didn't
> shoot an avatar faster than he shot me?

Why did you buy a game about shooting people online if you hate it so much? Sounds like you don't like it only because you're not great at it right away. Try playing offline so you can improve without more skilled players murdering you left right and centre.
Sun 21/08/05 at 22:37
Regular
It would be a shame to return it Goatmeister. I've played in quite a few games where people blow you to pieces before you even start, best thing to do is find another server, one where the people on it don't play it 25 hours a day.

And it really gets a lot better once you get used to the vehicles, using squads etc.

I'm only posting this because I've found this to be the best damn FPS war sim I've ever played.
Sun 21/08/05 at 20:31
"Tesco value"
Just wait till you get yourself in a tank, and for a brief period of time you will feel yourself invincible, shooting down mofos left, right and centre. It's then that you see the goint points and take the rough with the smooth.

As for hitting the keyboard, yeah, done that and had to replace it, this new one doesn't take any beating, the keys fly off and I have to find them again.

Just take it as a game and don't worry about your stats. Always TK the ones on your team that take it really seriously, never fails to put a smile on my face
Sun 21/08/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I have it at x4 just now with all shadows off.

Think I'll stick it at x2, get rif of lighting and put detail/terrain down to medium maybe.
Sun 21/08/05 at 19:41
Regular
"bot"
turn shadows off and put AA to 2x
Sun 21/08/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I could nearly run everything on high (with x6 AA) but it isn't worth for the jitters. I think I might actually put some things down a bit, the graphics are nice but sometimes it can slow down, though I'm not sure how much of that is to do with the server or my connection.
Sun 21/08/05 at 19:19
Regular
"bot"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Nope, I'm on high textures with 1GB. 2x aliasing kills it as does
> highest lighting, but not high textures.

very few people manage to get it working okay with high textures on 1GB. It is possible, it just seems to depend on the individual system. With high textures the game uses a total of about 1.2GB though, so you'll definitely have some HDD paging going on.
Sun 21/08/05 at 19:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
blimmerfisch wrote:
> Perhaps 2GB is overkill, but you need more than 1GB for high textures
> to run the game at optimum level
> I guess your gfx card is 256mb?

Aha, yup. Still, 1gb and everything on high bar dynamic lightinmg and antaliasing. Still hits 60+ fps.
Sun 21/08/05 at 18:58
Goatboy wrote:
> Yes that's right, I spend £30 just to make a point.

> I gave it a chance, but these mindless shootyshooty spawnbangdeath
> games really aren't my cup of tea.

Oh that all makes perfect sense.
Not your cup of tea, but you buy it anyway.
Sun 21/08/05 at 18:56
Perhaps 2GB is overkill, but you need more than 1GB for high textures to run the game at optimum level
I guess your gfx card is 256mb?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.