GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only one who couldn't care less about PSP?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/08/05 at 16:41
Regular
I've been reading through a lot of excited posts from people dying to get their hands on a PSP, but I really am not inspired? Okay, it's like a wonderfully advanced Game Boy, but so what? I can play all the games I want to on my TV, without shelling out a lot of money just so i can carry around a Playstation with me?
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:58
Regular
How could anyone possibly go shopping with a PSP :).

What it offers is a way to pass the time by watching movies, listening to music, playing games or surfing the web (if you're near a hotspot), whilst you are out and about.

The clarity and size of the screen also makes it a fantastic picture viewer. No longer will anyone with one of these need to print out photos to keep and show people, if you have new photos and want to show a relative, just whack them into your memory stick and you have a portable slideshow device.

At the end of the day, if you'd rather not have anything to do while you need to travel (I need to spend 40mins on a bus twice a day 5 days a week) or have music to listen to while you excercise etc, then you have no need for a PSP, for everyone else, it's quite simply brilliant.
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:57
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I can do without one, Im sure many people can but like others, Ive fallen victim to an expensive machine which realistically is a PS2.

It shows how persuaded I am by the hype and the media. If I wanted to play these PSP games so badly I would of bought a PS2 by now.

But the option of playing on the move which isnt there with the PS2 has me covered. Never owned a PS2 either. It's really down to the novelty of it being portable and how Ive got spending money to take to the USA next month.
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:56
Regular
The gameboy has been allowing geeks to do that for years.

My PSP get's used 49% for music, 50% for games and 1% for video.

It's a great purchase for me because not only do I have a super-duper handheld gaming console, I have a great replacement for my iPod that died earlier in the year. And I can watch movies/programmes if I feel the need to.

Now I can surf the net when I'm out and about too, without having to lug the lappy around.
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:48
Regular
But what does it offer, other than being a Playstation that you can carry around? It means not only will gamergeeks spend all their time inside playing games and being unsociable, but now when they go out, say shopping, they take their games with them?

it's sad is what it is.
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:44
"High polygon count"
Looks like! :-)
Tue 16/08/05 at 16:41
Regular
I've been reading through a lot of excited posts from people dying to get their hands on a PSP, but I really am not inspired? Okay, it's like a wonderfully advanced Game Boy, but so what? I can play all the games I want to on my TV, without shelling out a lot of money just so i can carry around a Playstation with me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.