GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only one who couldn't care less about PSP?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/08/05 at 16:41
Regular
I've been reading through a lot of excited posts from people dying to get their hands on a PSP, but I really am not inspired? Okay, it's like a wonderfully advanced Game Boy, but so what? I can play all the games I want to on my TV, without shelling out a lot of money just so i can carry around a Playstation with me?
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:20
Regular
Asher wrote:
> Am I the only one who couldn't care less about PSP...

Nope, i couldn't care less either....
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:04
Regular
I don't mean that Sony wouldn't have any money at all, I mean that if the big Sony executives decide that PSP is a flop and that PS3 might go the same way, then they might reduce their investment in the playstation brand and focus on their other electronics ranges.

I think its pretty unlikely, but if any console flops, its likely to be a setback for the company behind it. PSP is unlikely to do enough damage to counter the success of PS2 though, so it shouldn't matter.
Wed 17/08/05 at 09:49
Regular
A nervous Sony because they don't have enough money?

Are you mad, that's about as likely as Bill gates being short of cash.

Seriously though I have absoloutly no interest in either the DS or PSP. They're nice pieces of equipment no doubt, but I have no need for them. I'd never play one while sat on the bus or on a train, and I'd be in no hurry to play one in public to waste some time.
Wed 17/08/05 at 09:20
Regular
I care about PSP because I want it to do well. I wish Sony lots of success with this console so that they can focus properly on PS3 with confidence. The last thing we'd like to see is a nervous Sony with no money to spend on the PS3 (although maybe the nervousness might make them put even more effort in, but anyway).

I also care about PSP because I want the people who have bought one, or who are going to get one, to enjoy their new console. I know several people who are getting one and I certainly wouldn't want them to be disappointed.

So, whilst I don't have any intention of getting one, there is definitely the potential for me to care less.
Wed 17/08/05 at 00:38
Regular
It looks cool and all, but it's too expensive for me.
Tue 16/08/05 at 21:18
Regular
Don't care for it at all. I don't go on long trips much, so I don't warrant enough use for one. Plus, playing on a 32" wide-screen TV >>> playing on a PSP.
Tue 16/08/05 at 20:57
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I don't give a damn myself. I have more enthusiasm about cutting my toenails than the PSP. I'm not saying it's rubbish, merely I don't have any interest in it.
Tue 16/08/05 at 20:54
"Tesco value"
I think everyone that has a PSP has admittidly played in whilst curling one off.
Tue 16/08/05 at 18:11
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Personally i think its great. I put a film on or something and watch it in the bath Listen to music when im out play games whilst sat on the loo :-I
Tue 16/08/05 at 18:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Nah, you're not the only one. I can see that it's a fantastic piece of kit and that it is quite a novelty, but I really don't give a rats ass about it. Handhelds have always failed to inspire me, I care an equally small amount about the DS and I cared the same for all of its predecessors.

Handhelds are very dull in my opinion. The small screens annoy me and I've never really been fond of the games. I loved playing Mario on the SNES, but I try to play the same game on my GBA and I just get bored.

There's something about handhelds that just bores me, I can't quite put my finger on it. The PSP is no exception though, I don't care about movies, mp3 or any of the other stuff it does. Boring.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.