GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only one who couldn't care less about PSP?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/08/05 at 16:41
Regular
I've been reading through a lot of excited posts from people dying to get their hands on a PSP, but I really am not inspired? Okay, it's like a wonderfully advanced Game Boy, but so what? I can play all the games I want to on my TV, without shelling out a lot of money just so i can carry around a Playstation with me?
Wed 17/08/05 at 20:33
Regular
"Mozzy"
I bought my PSP because I started to get bored of games overall, I hadn't played my PS2 for months. It wasn't that I didn't like games anymore, I think it was just because of the fact that I dont like playing games upstairs on my own, I like being in a room with other people.

And with the PSP I can do this, I can go downstairs, lie on the chair playing on my PSP while with my family. It makes me much more comfortable I it makes me play the games longer.

The only time I use my PSP outside my house is when im going in the car on a long journey so the PSP is basically my main source for playing games.
Wed 17/08/05 at 15:42
Regular
The more i learn about the PSP the more i want one...

But i cant get one becasue i'm going to dubai in september and that is going to put me back around a grand! I'll probaby get an xbox360 by xmas so most likely wont be able to afford a PSP till next year.
Wed 17/08/05 at 15:12
"High polygon count"
pb wrote:
> yeah, there are loads of you that sneer at Nintendo

I don't understand why the touch screen is such a "major" selling point.

I've been playing games with a touch screen for a while on my NX-70V, and it's not all it's cracked up to be. It's okay for simple controls like Breakout, but anything requiring repeated fast movements tends to result in lag and become erratic at the best of times.
Wed 17/08/05 at 15:07
"High polygon count"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> gold chocobo wrote:
> Anywho, i really want to play the thing, but i can imagine it'll be
> a
> flop over here in the UK.
>
> I doubt it.
>
> Sony always sell incredibly well over here.

And with most places reporting that they've sold out of their initial allocations, I'd say that's not about to change.
Wed 17/08/05 at 12:38
Regular
gold chocobo wrote:
> Anywho, i really want to play the thing, but i can imagine it'll be a
> flop over here in the UK.

I doubt it.

Sony always sell incredibly well over here.
Wed 17/08/05 at 12:35
"possibly impossible"
But as for me. I guess I was orignally resigned to just having one handheld (the DS), but as the list of games arrived for the PSP I knew I had to get one.

yeah, there are loads of you that sneer at Nintendo, but I can't see the problem of liking all games. I couldn't do without Nintendo, missing Mario, Zelda and all the other franchises and niche titles, but equally I would miss Gran Turismo, Gun-griffon (a decent one, not the xbox one) and with the PSP the ability to have GTA, Tiger Woods, Ridge-racer et al in my pocket.

I'm hoping that they hack 2.0 soon as well, so I can carry on with homebrew and emulators that I started messing about with on the GBA...
Wed 17/08/05 at 12:24
"possibly impossible"
RoJ wrote:
> I don't give a damn myself. I have more enthusiasm about cutting my
> toenails than the PSP. I'm not saying it's rubbish, merely I don't
> have any interest in it.

Ah, but just wait for EA's Advance Toanail Cutting 2006...
Wed 17/08/05 at 12:18
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
Anywho, i really want to play the thing, but i can imagine it'll be a flop over here in the UK.

We've all waited so long and have got ourselves majorly hyped up about it, the dudes right its just a playstion you carry around with slightly worse graphics.
Wed 17/08/05 at 12:16
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
ssxpro wrote:
> But then... you are a phone.

XD Damn that had me laughing, i wonder why?
Wed 17/08/05 at 10:24
Regular
But then... you are a phone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.