GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY (Again) BUT THIS ONE IS EASY - THE WINNER IS..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 01:29
Regular
Well, this competition has definitely given me some "interesting" replies. If I had my way I would have to give out a prize for "De Sol" for suggesting http://www.cashwinner.com . The design, content and "minimalism" of the site alone is outstanding. (you have to check the site out). Unfortunately seeing we won't be using it on Winacar I can't give you a prize!

The best competition submitted was easily the Limited Edition Tomb Raider Land Rover competition, but it was already on Winacar before the post was submitted...

And so the winner is "Dan2K1" for the £3000 worth of PC Stuff competition at pcgearmag.co.uk - Well done dude! Also this post was one of the rare few that included a description OF YOUR OWN and not cut and pasted from the site!

Sadly, 90% of all the competitions submitted were either already on winacar, were competitors to us, or the urls didn't exist (e.g. Win a Ford @ Sky Sports by Dan2k...)

But anyway, thanks everyone for your hard work, especially everyone who posted loads of urls.
cheers all,

Mark.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:02
http://www.ntlworld.com/ data-feeds/editorial/microsites/ challenge_tv/page2.html

I have had to split the URL up, as it's more than 30 characters - so when you use it, just delete the spaces.

Right, another really simple competition, whereby all you have to do is answer the question "Who presents the game show Telly Addicts?" fill in your details, and you could be a whole Home Entertainment system better off! Should you get drawn out of the virtual hat, you'll be the victor of all the following:

JVC Camcorder, Olympus Digital Camera, Phillips TV, Phillips DVD player and a Phillips Micro Hi-Fi system.

Surely worth at least £1000 in total.

5 runner up prizes of a CD walkman too, so it's well worth a visit!

"Ah yes! Home-Ent System up for grabs!"

Thanks

Dan
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:57
http://www.challengetv.co.uk/

Play for £50 everyweek in a variety if online game shows! Play catchphrase, 100% spot the ball and many more, it's all too easy and you can be £50 richer than before, so it's worth taking the time to register and have a laugh playing too.

"Hardly a challenge, but there's £50 in it!"

Prize is worth £50, but then there's like 27 weeks left in the year, so it's worth £1350
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:42
http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editorial/microsites/pureandsimple/

I found this quite funny really - the top prize is a pair of Gabrielle tickets, with 20 runner up prizes of 'Pure and Simple'compilation album which includes Hear'say, and some talented artists to. Obvious which prize you'd prefer? Well just answer the simplest of all questions, fill in your details and hope that your name gets drawn! And of course, you must have the right answer!

'GABRIELLE TICKETS? It's Pure and Simple really!'

Right, the prize is worth about £60. Hurry up though, the concert is for the 6th July, so it's bound to end in a couple of weeks - so head there soon, I'd say before the 21st June.
Thu 07/06/01 at 01:54
http://www.hotdogmagazine.com/competition/pitchblack2.shtml

Hotdog magazine is running a competition where you can win a portable Sony dvd player and copies of the Pitch Black dvd. 1st prize - dvd player and dvd, 4 runners up get copies of the Pitch Black dvd each.

Hotdog magazine also have other competitions to win Rocky dvd spec eds, a 'La-z-boy' chair, untouchables dvd, charlies angles dvd, the omen dvd, and Joel silver dvd box sets. All are entered via question answering and can be accessed throught the link above.
Thu 07/06/01 at 01:02
http://the-raft.com/comps/ has a competition where you can win the signed guitar of Ace, the fantastic guitarist with one of Britain's best bands: Skunk Anansie, who are multi-platinum selling. Not only is it a unique guitar which can be heard on the band's debut album 'Paranoid and Sunburnt' which is also signed by the man himself, but also included are two signed polaroid shots of the band to complete the prize. A great piece of memorabilia to get your hands on and set to soar in value after the band recently decided to go their separate ways...
Wed 06/06/01 at 23:47
Regular
www.*******.com run a weekly competition to win a DVD. All you have to do is link one film to another on their site in the fewest possible clicks to be entered into a prize draw.

Im posted this in the wrong thread a minute ago, sorry!!
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:18
Tony - no need to reply quoting the whole lot - I'll get webby on to the word count deduction... Just kidding - don't delete me!
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:12
Ah, *recharbles*. Smiles all round then, I'll get that phone call happening some time.
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:07
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
De Sol wrote:
> Tony - would you be able to answer a question I have about the
> GameBoy Advance? Well, you may be able to, so I'll post it here,
> although it's probably everywhere else too!

Right - when I
> pre-ordered with the £15 deposit, I was informed that I'd get
> a free mains adaptor for preordering, and now I have to pay the
> remainder - £73.99 of the total price, I am unsure if I still
> get this adaptor?! I mean a carry case is ok and so are batteries -
> thus making the GBA more expensive from you, but that's fair enough
> as they are worth the difference, but a mains adaptor was the main
> attraction - as opposed from buying from someone else. So if I do
> then great, if not then I'll probably cancel - just wondering what
> the situation was.

Cheers if you can reply.
Dan

Yes, I'm sorry about this. We advertised it with a free mains adaptor and then we were told it does not take a mains adaptor (no socket) so we bought a load of cases instead.

So the offer has changed and you can, of course, have your deposit back if you want it.

Or remind me when you get it and I'll see if we have any stock of mains adaptors (as it now appears that they can plug into the battery slots) and send you one.

I think the rechargeble pack will be a better bet, so I'm not sure if many people will want a mains adaptor.
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:06
OK, never mind - you can use my domain name www.consolewars.co.uk - for a forum where people can write about console wars topics - put loads of links up and things earning money - have a massive link to SR and because it's such a good name - apparantley 400,000 have visited it last year, although there's nothing on it as I haven't the foggiest idea of how to make a website (ignorant me), but you could use it.

Also, you don't need to reply quoting the whole message, but it's ok, I'll stay 6th for a good while BD

By the way, could you reply about the GBA thing? And are my suggestions ok?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.