GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Regrets if you died tomorrow..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/08/05 at 22:39
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've been thinking alot about death recently (for no reason other than sometimes humans tend to do that from time to time), and it occurred to me that I've led such a blessed life that should I die tomorrow, I would have zero regrets.

I've done everything I wanted to, been everywhere I wanted to, enriched the lives of some, worsened the lives of others (but in a way this enriches the lives of those who would otherwise have had to deal with them) and have no goals left to set myself.

Being non-religious I don't have an irrational fear of death, I just see it as the divide between life and a non-existent state in the same way that my birth was a divide between the same non-existent state and life.

It would be nice to see England win the World Cup in my lifetime, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, mainly because I don't believe there is a grand scheme of things.

What fascinates me most is that the spark of life - the entity, the consciousness - that is me, must have come from somewhere. Maybe it is just something produced by lots of synapses firing off in my brain, maybe I'm just an area for all my thoughts to come together to enable them to be projected out, and the brain evolved 'conscious identity' as the easiest way of doing this. Or maybe I'm a spirit, or a soul. Or maybe life is something completely different.

6 billion people on the planet and nobody has figured it out yet, I doubt anyone ever will either, and I doubt death will provide any answers. So until that event, I'm just going to carry on enjoying life (and taking the rough with the smooth, for that is part of life).
Mon 15/08/05 at 10:42
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I've already planned what I'd do if I had 24 hours to live. All my life I've had regrets, which I just can't seem to let go of. Over the years, they just seem to build up, so all I can do is try and forget them.

I'll admit my life isn't perfect, but it's not exactly suicidally-run. At the moment, I'm relatively happy. However, it just seems that people don't appreciate my existance. I have a lot of enemies (I know that sounds stupid, but it's true), but luckily it's the summer holiday so I don't have to deal with 'em.

This may sound odd, but having my memory wiped wouldn't seem like such a bad thing. It'd give me a new perspective on my own life. But I'm rambling, so I'll stop here.
Mon 15/08/05 at 08:38
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
If i was to die tomorrow i wouldnt have any regrets. So my life hasnt been that good but it was obviously meant to be this way.
Mon 15/08/05 at 01:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I regret doing everything before I've done it.

Edit: But at the same time I feel the exact opposite.
Mon 15/08/05 at 01:15
Regular
"0228"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Being non-religious I don't have an irrational fear of death

I think religion makes death a much less frightening propect. At least there's potentially something to look forward to with Heaven.
Mon 15/08/05 at 00:48
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm fairly happy tootling along taking what the universe throws my way. Some events and situations of late have taught me that I can cope with stuff given time even if I'm not as emotionally strong as I thought I was.

I'm not suicidal in any way but I am kind of looking forward to the end of my life - I think it's because I'm just so damn lazy and I can finally lie down without having to dread the alarm clock going off.
Mon 15/08/05 at 00:16
Regular
"Laughingstock"
If I was somehow informed that I was to die tomorrow, I think my initial reaction would be to be seriously miffed. But then I'd think about it, and though I would have regrets, I still think I'd sprint over the finishing line.
Mon 15/08/05 at 00:00
Regular
My only regret would be that I died, but seeing as I'd be dead, I doubt it would bother me that much.
Sun 14/08/05 at 23:57
Regular
Nice timing.

Recently I've been listening to quite a bit of Swervedriver and Blue Oyster Cult, and that means Last Day on Earth and Don't Fear The Reaper (And Godzilla, but that's beside the point. Naaa na na na naaa...)

I was walking through town with Last Day on Earth running through my mind, and for the first time in ages I felt completely calm.

It'd be a shame not to see it through to old age, and in the short term not to finish this funning uni project, but all in all, I feel quite apathetic about the idea.

I think it'd be nice to have a little bit of notice though, to prepare yourself before you went.
Sun 14/08/05 at 23:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
I'm not sure why, but when I'm in moods like this/that that you described FM, the first thing that leaps to mind is High & Dry by Radiohead. It's completely incongruous as it's meaning (to me at least) has little or nothing to do with the situation. It just seems to encapsulate it for me. Odd that.

Even odder is that it just started playing on the radio :-S. That's actually fairly creepy.

EDIT: I'll probably come back and post something relevant when I'm more cogent. Just like you to know that this post brought a smile to my face.
Sun 14/08/05 at 23:08
Regular
"cachoo"
I have such a dumb grin on my face now :'}
It's the music.
Really nice post and it's great to read of someone on here really openly appreciating life for once. No goals to set and you're still young.
Marvellous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.