GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3rd Ashes test"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 12:15
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
May as well get one started...

Solid start by England, with Pieterson and Freddie to come looks like we may score well. Depends how much Warne exploits the pitch this afternoon.

Quite surprising both Lee and McGrath are playing...however knowing the Aussies they were probably fit all along!
Sat 13/08/05 at 00:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I hated Atherton. For no real reason. Loved the Thorpe though. Glad he moved over, though. His time had gone, and it's a nice little... well... one for the future with Pieterson. He's got the talent, let's hope he produces in the long run.

but favourite player? Gots to be Darren Gough. I've got his (very confused) biography and everything. He's thick, but he could (and can) bowl like a god. If he somehow works his way in (through a couple of thousand injuries) i will be a made man.
Fri 12/08/05 at 23:11
Regular
Nothing beats seeing Graham Thorpe rack up runs and every single bowler looking bemused because they have no idea what to do against this short little man.
Fri 12/08/05 at 23:06
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Spin bowlers last a fair while too.

Alec Stewart is my all-time fave player. Then Atherton.

I liked them as a pairing. Atherton to sit there for hours and hit the odd single while Stewart flayed at just about everything.
Fri 12/08/05 at 23:03
Regular
Mid 30's, generally. But Alec Stewart was a bastion. He would've carried on, but he wanted to spend more time with his great great grandchildren.
Fri 12/08/05 at 22:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
Is it roughly similar to a footballers? I'd imagine they'd easily play on into their mid-to-late 30's?
Fri 12/08/05 at 22:48
Regular
"tokyo police club"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Heh.
>
> How long generally is a cricketer's career lifespan?

Depends on how young they start/what they 'play'

Fast bowlers typically have a shorter 'lifespan' as they lose pace, but Batsmen can go on for far long.

And yeah, I'm hoping for the follow on. Rain predicted, let's hope they're wrong - best chance to go ahead is now.
Fri 12/08/05 at 22:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good stuff today, watched most of the afternoon.
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heh.

How long generally is a cricketer's career lifespan?
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:56
Regular
He can still keep going for a few years. Look how old Alec Stewart was when he retired. There were cities younger than him.
Fri 12/08/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
If he was say, 2 years younger, I'd start working on his batting more than his bowling, such is the quality of his bowling, it need not improve much.

Turn him into a spinning, aussie Flintoff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.