GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Island"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 02:05
Regular
"Touched!"
Worth seeing or see something else? Seeing Choc Factory on friday, might see this with some mates over the weekend if it's worth seeing.
Fri 12/08/05 at 18:28
Regular
Buscemi and Bean are always decent.
Fri 12/08/05 at 18:26
Regular
Just got back from it. Didn't think it was really up to much. Full of poor dialogue, convenient plot devices and was overly long given that the speed in which it was wrapped up. The action scenes were massively over the top, and it was hard to understand what Djimon Hounsou was saying half the time. Oh, and it's riddled with plot holes/annoyingly unanswered questions that could've been resolved with a few lines of decent dialogue. There was blatant product placement for both MSN and X-Box too, which made me weep.

Buscemi and Bean were great, though, and Djimon Hounsou's screen prescence was decent.
Thu 11/08/05 at 14:59
Regular
It looks okay, wouldn't bother going to the cinema to watch it though.
Thu 11/08/05 at 14:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
24 hs totally passed me by but I caught 3 episodes the other night.

Some prisoner in a bunker and a drug raid
Thu 11/08/05 at 14:53
"High polygon count"
Very_Metal wrote:
> i heard it didn't do very well as it was "too clever" for
> american auidiences, although that seems a tad snobbish.

Not really.

It's why Star Trek has lasted so long, and why "intellectual" sci-fi - or anything with an ongoing story-arc - tends to fail on US TV.

I'm actually stunned that 24 has lasted 4 seasons. Glad, but stunned.
Thu 11/08/05 at 14:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mozzy wrote:
> That review was crap. They hardly said anything about the actual
> film.
>
> *goes tyo imdb*

Erm, because it wasn't actually a review?
Thu 11/08/05 at 14:00
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm sure it's been receiving good reviews, shame that it's done so badly though. It'll only cost me £3.75 as a student so I may as well go and see it.
Thu 11/08/05 at 10:46
"Another theory that has been mentioned is that the advertising campaign possibly gave away too much of the story."

Mmmhmmm

*nods sagely*
Thu 11/08/05 at 10:43
Regular
"Mozzy"
That review was crap. They hardly said anything about the actual film.

*goes tyo imdb*
Thu 11/08/05 at 10:37
[URL]http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/640/640456p1.html[/URL]

I think

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.