GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Island"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 02:05
Regular
"Touched!"
Worth seeing or see something else? Seeing Choc Factory on friday, might see this with some mates over the weekend if it's worth seeing.
Sat 20/08/05 at 09:25
Regular
"That's right!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Funny you should say that...
> [URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=94[/URL]. Rob Cohen
> is even worse. He's like a Bay pretender.

-------

Yeah I read that when you first posted it, I especially liked the scratching of the ass comment.

I'm a fan of Michael Bay, Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon; all great films in my opinion. Pearl Harbour was, well, everyone knows about that, and Bad Boys II wasn't as good as the original.

I like his style, but he didn't do most of his trademark moves in The Island, instead he just shook the camera constantly. Felt like I was watching a film on a rollercoaster.
Sat 20/08/05 at 00:44
Regular
"woody woodpecker"
I thought The Island was a thrilling action film that you don't usually get these days
Thu 18/08/05 at 21:43
Regular
Can you imagine the life of a man who isn't as good at Michael Bay?

Actually, he's probably very rich. Scratch that.
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Saw The Island today. I liked it, but bloody hell Michael Bay needs to
> learn to keep the camera steady during action sequences.
>
> Fair enough, use the shaky cam when whip panning back and forth
> between action, ala Evil Dead or Saving Private Ryan, but when
> they're hiding in a broom cupboard do we really need to have the
> cameraman having an epileptic fit whilst trying to film them?

Funny you should say that... [URL]http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/review.php?id=94[/URL]. Rob Cohen is even worse. He's like a Bay pretender.
Thu 18/08/05 at 20:45
Regular
"That's right!"
Saw The Island today. I liked it, but bloody hell Michael Bay needs to learn to keep the camera steady during action sequences.

Fair enough, use the shaky cam when whip panning back and forth between action, ala Evil Dead or Saving Private Ryan, but when they're hiding in a broom cupboard do we really need to have the cameraman having an epileptic fit whilst trying to film them?

Decent, not amazing. Action wasn't much (dropping train wheels on cars ripped right from Bad Boys 2, the hover bike right from Judge Dredd, everything else Logan's Run) At least the girl was pleasant to look at, made it possible to withstand ol' Ewan's attempt at an American accent.

Music was good, though, stuck the soundtrack on my iPod just now.
Thu 18/08/05 at 16:53
Regular
Nah I dunno man. Thought I'd just come back on to vent my anger over The Island. If I get any spare time I like to play guitar, and I don't wanna reduce my playing time any more as I've not been playing as much as I usually do recently.

You never know though. And man they stopped giving away DVDs as part of GAD before my time, which is the reason I stopped reviewing well before I left.

But Australia is amazing dude. Like completely amazing. We only saw the Eastern side in all our time there. Basically flew into Sydney, spent 2 weeks there, flew down to Melbourne, spent 2 weeks there, flew back up ot Sydney and spent a month in a central hostel over the XMas/New Year period (blew all our money there considering we were weorking as commission door to door salsman selling vodafone sim cards and lets say they didn't send us to the most financially secure areas meaning whenver you made a sale you were only 25% of the way to gettin your money - they still had to pass the credit check). But yeah, then we bought a car and headed all the way up the East Coast till we arrived in Cairns 3 and a half months later. Best time of my life.

Spent a week in Hong Kong beforehand as well which was sweet. I love Hong Kong and I well wnna go back there.
Thu 18/08/05 at 16:47
Regular
Australia = awesome. I'm hopefully doing there to do Environmental Law masters at the University of Sydney. I'm at York studying Biology, and Southampton was my reserve choice. Not that I needed it, supreme as I am :)

So, is this a full-time return to posting? You know they don't give away DVDs as part of GAD anymore. Reason why I haven't reviewed anything for 2 years.
Thu 18/08/05 at 16:43
Regular
Yeah man, of course. What other film rivals Heat? Picked up the Special Edition the other day for 5.99 at Smiths. Rock n roll!

Gladiator and Point Break are still up there but no, Heat still holds the title.

So what Uni you at anyway? And what you studying? I'm off to Southampton next month to do a bit of Film Studies and become the greatest guitarist to have ever lived. I'm not aiming for much. Should've gone last year but I took a gap year and went to Australia for 5 months. Should've gone for longer though I tell you. The last 4 months in Thanet have been reeeeaaaally slow.
Thu 18/08/05 at 16:37
Regular
Jesus, I can't be bothered to read all that. You type too much. Er, well, not much has changed with me in the last year. Still plugging away at uni. You still claiming Heat is, like, the best film ever?

Oh, and the notable thing only happened last week.
Thu 18/08/05 at 16:10
Regular
Yeah man I remember lots of people on here that I can't believe are still here. I'm not a member of SR anymore and I still got like 15 reddies lying around. Guess I'd better sign up again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.