GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh Deary Me"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/08/05 at 13:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
One thing i always love mocking - WWE PPV Buyrates :-D

from wrestlezone.com

"The PPV, headlined by JBL vs. Batista, scored an estimated 200,000 buys. Although the first estimates are usually a bit lower than the final number, the PPV is still dangerously close to being the worst-performing WWE event this year.

Considering WWE has opted to continue two of the more prominent storylines - JBL/Batista and Guerrero/Mysterio - through Summerslam, the news is extremely alarming"

Way to sell out those arenas and sell tickets oh wrestling god. Pretty funny to see the ECW PPV outsold it by a good 100,000 even with McMahon involvement turning potential customers away as well as only having 2 weeks on tv promotion and not even announcing a card.
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Good point! At least the low buy rate meant not too many people had to watch that excuse for a show. Wonder how many were still tuned in at the end?
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Glad to say i wasn't one of them, went to bed after the Eddie vs Rey match. Such a shame i missed another 5 star classic from JBL and Boretista
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:41
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
One thing that made wrestling so good in the past was that big matches were hyped up over a period of time, the match happened once and that was it. Hogan vs Andre the Giant at WM3, Hogan vs Savage at WM5, Hogan vs Warrior at WM6 (seems to be a theme here!). Ok there have been some good feuds that have had a few matches over time, Bret Hart against Michaels was great but it's in the minority. Nowadays the writers seem to come up with a good feud and milk it for all it's worth, Batista and HHH and now Batista and JBL (although I'm not saying this is even a good feud) would have been good for 1 match and then move them on to another opponent. It also makes the storylines less believable - HHH losing 3 times in a row to Batista!?
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:41
Regular
Kawada wrote:

> 200,000 buys

> Way to sell out those arenas and sell tickets oh wrestling god.
> Pretty funny to see the ECW PPV outsold it by a good 100,000 even
> with McMahon involvement turning potential customers away as well as
> only having 2 weeks on tv promotion and not even announcing a card.

I believe the ECW did around 800,000... thus making it a good 600,000 more.

Even if it wasnt 800,000, and if your 200,000 buys is correct... it outsold it by way more than 100,000.

Ash ooooo
Wed 10/08/05 at 19:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
800,000 was what crazy people were predicting it was going to do (which would mean it would have outsold Wrestlemania) The figure turned out to be around 300,000 (although i still haven't found a definite figure dammit)
Wed 10/08/05 at 22:03
Regular
I wouldnt have been suprised if it did outsell mania.
Thu 11/08/05 at 01:06
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Reefer wrote:
> WWE has been pretty cack for a while now. I miss the old era
> >_<

then you must be pleased to see backstage taped promos as the guys are walking to the ring (Matt Striker).. it REEKED of 80's greatness :D
Thu 11/08/05 at 01:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Considering Tatanka showed up last week and who showed up on Smackdown this week you'd be forgiven for thinking that it is still the 80's :-D
Thu 11/08/05 at 10:19
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hehe, part of me really wants to see that match though.

.. another part of me just gave up on wrestling a bit.
Thu 11/08/05 at 13:41
Regular
"..."
Did I hear that Tatanka has been offered a contract?

Vince and Johnny 'Ace' need red-hot pokers shoving where the sun don't shine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.