GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 or PS3"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/08/05 at 22:48
Regular
"True Gamer!"
In my opinion, xbox360 is the better console, but its not the main seller, thats all cos the ps was the first well known cd using console, with its great graphics (at the time) and with the hype that came with it and then ps2 came out which was good while it lasted, then the xbox came out, with its superior technology, and the ps2 is dominating the consoles because of such a huge hit it is in Asia, cos the majority of the games for ps3 are pathetic games, its unbelievable, and xbox games dont have as many cos they spent more time bringing out better games, example halo. Now FF11 is coming to the 360 i think ps3 has some serious competition, hopefully people will see the superiorness of the xbox :D
Tue 09/08/05 at 20:53
Regular
"8==="
The two machines are pretty similar power-wise anyway (on paper) - slightly more powerful in some areas but slightly weaker than the other console in other areas.

Whichever one handles multi-format games the best/has the most agreeable controller will be the one I choose as my main console with the other kept for exclusives.
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:19
"High polygon count"
The Killzone 'demo' was FMV - but no-one ever claimed otherwise. It is representation of what Guerilla claim they will be able to produce, having had access to the dev kit for some time.

The Unreal Engine 3 demo WAS running on PS3 development hardware, and was interactive (controlled by a DualShock) - so that was a true representation of what you can expect from the machine.

It was all in Edge, July 2005.
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:09
Regular
"8==="
Once the proper PS3 games are out no-one'll care.
Mon 08/08/05 at 23:00
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Hedfix wrote:
> All those demos needed to do was disrupt Microsoft's E3 showing.
>
> They did that, so they succeeded.
>
> The main talking point turned into 'Fake FMV for PS3' and not 'ooooh
> 360 coooool'.

Wonder if that'll damage Sony in the long run though.
Mon 08/08/05 at 22:57
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
gold chocobo wrote:
> Out ofcuriosity is it true the Xbox 360 comes in Europe this November?
> because all of the blockbuster shops I go to say it will.

Supposed to be released on November 5th. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it put back a month for the Christmas rush.
Mon 08/08/05 at 22:56
Regular
"8==="
All those demos needed to do was disrupt Microsoft's E3 showing.

They did that, so they succeeded.

The main talking point turned into 'Fake FMV for PS3' and not 'ooooh 360 coooool'.
Mon 08/08/05 at 22:51
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
gold chocobo wrote:

> I'm not actually sure, some bits definetly looked like real-time
> gameplay, and looked excellent, but most did look like cut-scenes.
>
> I remain undecided.

There's no 'undecided' about it, the demos were just fancy FMV run on technology that ain't even in the PS3. I was fooled too.
Mon 08/08/05 at 11:59
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
> Don't believe the demo footage. Do you really think that what you saw
> in the Killzone movie is what you'll play in the finished game?

I'm not actually sure, some bits definetly looked like real-time gameplay, and looked excellent, but most did look like cut-scenes.

I remain undecided.
Mon 08/08/05 at 11:55
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
gold chocobo wrote:
> I suppose your right, but since we can't play any of the games, all
> we have is demo footage and the specs of each console

Don't believe the demo footage. Do you really think that what you saw in the Killzone movie is what you'll play in the finished game?
Mon 08/08/05 at 11:48
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
Chippxero wrote:
> It's kind of like you can compare all cars as they all try to do the
> same job but if you then try comparing all vehicles you relise that
> the cars arn't as good on water or at flying.
:D
>
> I can understand people having a preferance to a certain console but
> a few movies and a spec list doesn't give you a true indication of
> how good it will end up being.

Fair enough, guess we'll just have to wait till they come out. Out of curiosity is it true the Xbox 360 comes in Europe this November? because all of the blockbuster shops I go to say it will

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.