GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Boring"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/08/05 at 01:22
Regular
"you've got a beard"
[URL]http://nodq.com/news/125256671.shtml[/URL]

so that's the end of highlighting what makes the cruisers so interesting then.

if he doesn't like the little guys doing flashy moves, then i have a sinking feeling for Burchill.
Thu 11/08/05 at 13:49
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> Perhaps a bit less Jarrett pushing and less pushing of talentless
> rejects. It may have changed recently, I haven't been keeping up,
> although I've heard that Jarrett is going to be the focus of TNA when
> they go to Spike TV.

For me, Jarrett is pushed because he's the biggest name they've got. He's certainly the only guy in there to have held either the WWE or WCW world title. Hall and DDP are gone, Dustin Rhodes and Kip James (Billy Gunn) are being used to put other talent over and Nash is on hiatus. Raven is currently world champ (it made sense to finally complete his two and a half-year 'journey') and his top contenders are fresh 'young' talents like Abyss and Monty Brown. (Ok, not exactly wrestling gods, but at least they've worked their way up)

Obviously the real talent is in the X-Division, but at least X-Div matches get good slots on their PPVs...unlike the cruiserweight division...
Thu 11/08/05 at 17:01
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Nash is on hiatus.

broke a nail did he?
Thu 11/08/05 at 17:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Nah, he broke his back trying to stand up. :D

I get what you are saying about Jarrett, Congy. Weren't the TNA fans saying 'Drop the belt' to Jarrett at one point?
Fri 12/08/05 at 13:42
Regular
"..."
Grandprix wrote:
> I get what you are saying about Jarrett, Congy. Weren't the TNA fans
> saying 'Drop the belt' to Jarrett at one point?

Yes, I believe that was when Jarrett himself was head booker though.

It does say a lot that his two successors Dusty Rhodes and Scott D'Amore have involved him in the title picture as well though.
Sat 13/08/05 at 15:41
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I think its a shame to ban moves like the 450 Splash and the Shooting Star Press because the good cruisers like Paul London who do the moves perfectly are being held back.

EDIT: And NUNZIO as Cruiserweight Champ...whats going on!!!
Sat 13/08/05 at 16:43
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> EDIT: And NUNZIO as Cruiserweight Champ...whats going on!!!

There's nothing wrong with him being the champ, its the fact that his title win was relegated to Velocity.
Sat 13/08/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Fígó wrote:

> There's nothing wrong with him being the champ, its the fact that his
> title win was relegated to Velocity.

Yeah but to think, on the Heat before the Great American Bash, Paul London defeated Nunzio in about 3 minutes, it seems a shame that London (my favourite CW Champ since i have been watching) has to go and lose on Velocity to Nunzio who has had no push whatsoever to get in that position.
Sat 13/08/05 at 21:31
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
The Wardy wrote:
> Yeah but to think, on the Heat before the Great American Bash, Paul
> London defeated Nunzio in about 3 minutes, it seems a shame that
> London (my favourite CW Champ since i have been watching) has to go
> and lose on Velocity to Nunzio who has had no push whatsoever to get
> in that position.

Nunzio's good enough to get over on his own steam without a good win/loss record (which would count for nothing anyway), and this is all to set up a Paul London heel turn, by the looks of his new whining approach to promos.

To be fair to Court Bauer (the guy believed to be booking Velocity now, used to run Major League Wrestling), it's the perfect time to do it seeing as London's not going to be able to please the crowds with a 450 or SSP - this is directly taking advantage of that.
Sat 13/08/05 at 22:04
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> EDIT: And NUNZIO as Cruiserweight Champ...whats going on!!!

Who else would you have suggested giving it to? For a supposedly strong Cruserweight contingent on the SmackDown brand, I think you'd find it difficult to suggest someone better than Nunzio. He's been a consistent worker for a number of years now (admittedly often at quite a low level, with regards to big-time appearences, of course), but I can't think why Nunzio as the Cruserweight champion is a bad thing.

What they're now going to do with London, exactly, I'm not so sure. His obvious heel-turn now means that we have heels in himself, Nunzio and Frankie, three of Velocity's main guys. They surely won't be involving him with Scotty or Funaki, the only recognised Cruserweight faces on the brand, so unless they're doing something really weird like putting him into a feud with someone like Hardcore Holly, I'm really not sure where he's going next.
Sun 14/08/05 at 11:03
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I would have prefered they left the stra on London and kept him face to be honest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.