GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony killed gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 17:23
Regular
Back in the day, when we all had our mega drives or our snes,' gaming was a pleasure. Games were new and exciting, you were either a sega man or a nintendo man and in some cases, an amiga fan. THEN ONE DAY..........
BANG!!!!!
Sony entered the scene with their own little console the Playstaion. Due to Sony's massive marketing campaign, they introduced gaming to a whole new audience, the casual gamer.
No longer were people buying games for sheer enjoyment but for the sake of buying games.
A prime example is Nintendo, they produce a game of their own every couple of months and 9/10 times it's good. But because of Sony churning out mediocre games every week, Nintendo have had to rush many of their own games just to compeat with Sony. Sega have paid the price, who knows maybe Nintendo is next and that just leaves Sony and Microsoft, two of the worlds richest companies continuing to make ok games for the sake of making games.
SONY KILLED GAMING
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:48
Regular
I can only list one... shows how in touch I am.

Fantasavision... or however you spell it. Not the greatest of games, really.

What else has there been?
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
SonicRav wrote:
> Sony make games now??? I thought they had 2nd party developers who
> are all average (and some sports games makers are v.
> poor!)

> Sonic

Sony have made games since the dawn of the PSone, you twank.
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:43
Regular
turbonutter wrote:

"Grix is Sony."

You always end up as the thing you hate the most... don't you... ;0)
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:38
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Sony make games now??? I thought they had 2nd party developers who are all average (and some sports games makers are v. poor!)

Sonic
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:37
Regular
Hmmmmm? WTF are u talking about, Sony killed gaming!
Sheep can fly!
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:34
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Wesker: You are actually completely and utterly wrong.

Whenever Sony make a game, you can be garaunteed it will be a blinder. The only problem is, a lot of third party companies decided to join in, and they can be described as trigger happy.

Metaphorically:

Grix is Sony. Doesn't make topics often, but when he does, sit up.

Me, Bonus, ssxpro and a few others are third parties. We post very often, and about half of our posts are quite good, and a few are very good.
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:31
The thing is, there is no price on happiness - so price is irrelevant, if you want to be happy then you'll pay teh amount that YOU think can bring joy into your life, but make sure the games suit you.

I may well have to get another PS2, but not for a while.
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:30
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
SonicRav wrote:
> I'm undecided... wait to see what games actually come out on the
> GC... mario and zelda are not enough at this stage.

Sonic

Rogue Squadron 2 is supposed to be out at launch and that's the game I'm excited about. At launch anyway. I'll never forget Perfect Dark 2. I'm not a Star Wars buff or anything but the first Rogue Squadron was so damn good.
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:28
Regular
Mario and Zelda havnt even even been shown yet. There are loads of other games.
Mon 04/06/01 at 18:24
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I'm undecided... wait to see what games actually come out on the GC... mario and zelda are not enough at this stage.

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.