GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"JOHNSON 2 STAY!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/08/05 at 13:00
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
andy johnson must stay at palace!! the best striker in the premiership bar henry last season and we deserve to keep him.
Sven should still consider him for the squad even in the championship.
Wed 03/08/05 at 08:41
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
Ashman wrote:
> Lil Bro wrote:
> He scored what, 10, 12 goals in open play? That's really not
> anything
> special...Get over him,
>
> And Defoe scored, what, 13 goals in open play? That's really not
> anything special...get over him - not to mention the fact that Defoe
> would have almost certainly had better service.

Thank you! Some sense!

I admit that we did rely a bit heavily on him, but that was due to a lack of decent strikers.

Freedman - cant last 90 mins
Ventola - injured
Shipperley - old and overweight
Torghelle - not very good

and if you have got strengths, play to them!
Wed 03/08/05 at 02:50
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Look at our stats. I believe Keane got a total of 17 goals last season.

I don't see any other CP player coming ANYWHEEREEEE near that.

I'm sure Kanoute got a few as well and Mido got 3.

Listen to JFH
Wed 03/08/05 at 02:04
Regular
"0228"
Ashman wrote:
> And Defoe scored, what, 13 goals in open play? That's really not
> anything special...get over him - not to mention the fact that Defoe
> would have almost certainly had better service.

But the Crystal Palace players more than likely have a team talk that goes something like this:

Dowie: Get the ball and pass it to Johnson immediately. Failing that, win a penalty and then let Johnson take it. Fail that and spend the rest of the season on the bench.

The Spurs players have more choice when they pass forward so the goals do get shared around more equally. Defoe is clearly FAR better than Johnson.
Wed 03/08/05 at 01:55
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Lil Bro wrote:
> He scored what, 10, 12 goals in open play? That's really not anything
> special...Get over him,

And Defoe scored, what, 13 goals in open play? That's really not anything special...get over him - not to mention the fact that Defoe would have almost certainly had better service.
Tue 02/08/05 at 23:05
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
So ok he scored 10 penalties, big deal!

The fact of the matter is he has all the qualities a top striker needs:
pace, agility, control, off the ball movement, finishing, passing etc.

There should be no debate over whether he is good or not, cos he simply is. He scored 32 goals in the 03/04 season and 21 in the 04/05, a difference of only 11 between the championship and the premiership, two leagues with a vast difference that people harp on about

On that evidence, and the evidence to follow during the current season, he will be in svens squad come next summer. Check Sky Sports for conformation.

[/B] [/U] FACT!
Tue 02/08/05 at 22:43
Regular
Dringo, I'm by no means saying that the Championship is an "easy" league, but you've got to consider the amount of competition for that one World Cup spot and trying to prove yourself in a lower division is a significant disadvantage.

Fair enough, Sven says "if he's good enough, he'll be picked", but I feel that unless he almost single-handedly inspires promotion for Crystal Palace and scores an insane amount of goals, he won't get much of a look-in. After all, just three players in the history of English international football have been called up to the World Cup squad after spending a season outside of a first division.
Tue 02/08/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hush Defoe lover and get back to your corner
Tue 02/08/05 at 20:41
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I'm fed up of this hailing of Johnson. He was good last season, yeh, GOOD, that's it. He was second top scorer, but HALF of his goals were penalties. You'd expect every clubs top scorer to score 9 out of 10 penalties, so congratulatiobns, Johnson can put it away from 12 yards.

He scored what, 10, 12 goals in open play? That's really not anything special...Get over him, he's in the Championship where he belongs imo.
Tue 02/08/05 at 17:37
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Dringo wrote:
> Andy Johnson is not better than Owen or Rooney so there ends that.

Owen doesn't play in the Premiership, hove.

> As regards to the Championship not being a big enough test... you're
> joking right?

He's proven himself as a top rate goalscorer in both the Championship and the Premiership. He's more than capable of playing with a top half Premiership club.

> Granted the players aren't as skilled by the division is very long
> and tough.

> Leeds United have 4 England U21 internationals in their team, an
> australian international, Angolian, Icelandic, Irish and American
> international.

OMG WORLD CLASS M8

> What's wrong with a English international being in the championship?

...nothing...but to be picked for the England squad you've got far more chance of proving your worth if you're playing at the highest level. Playing in the Premiership and the Championship is very different - and you might argue that to compete at International level its better to be playing around other players of such standard. Lets face it, when's the last time Angolia or Iceland did anything of note?
Tue 02/08/05 at 16:55
Regular
I hear the Angolian international wants a move. Apparently his international coach only watches the proper divisions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.