GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's got a 6-pac?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/07/05 at 17:16
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
:P
Sat 30/07/05 at 15:04
Regular
"Light of the world"
Forest fan!

Any respectable christian man would be comfortable with themselves and whom God has made them to be as they are and surely any christian women would be happy with the extra packing on the sides...

*but for good measure my number is...*
Sat 30/07/05 at 13:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Incidentally, I haven't worked out in about 8-months and so have basically lost my once chiselled mid-riff.
Sat 30/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"you've got a beard"
those ab rollers are ok, but i see your point about putting most of the effort in with your arms, it can be that way if you don't do it properly.

both yours and EB's methods are fine, but again, cardio work is the main way to get definition. there will always be stomach muscles, but you'l need les body fat to be able to see them.
Sat 30/07/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
If you're after lean muscle rather then mass, give the "super-slow" method a try.

It involves only doing about 2 sets of 7 reps per excersise, but you take 8-10 seconds on the up and the same on the down part. It burns and you need someone to spot you, but it gets great results.
Sat 30/07/05 at 13:41
"Tesco value"
Each to their own. People find some ways work better for them to others. I reached a plateau doing shorter reps, so as long as took plenty of rest days between them and didn't over-train I started to see some good results.

its when I add weights to my routine that I do short reps and sets.

just don't use those ab roller thingies, you see people burning away at speed just basically pushing themselves with their arms.

I do chin ups for my back, arms and chest followed by back extensions, then a few bicep curls and hammers. I've seen the best results since they got the chin up bar down the gym using Pavel's Ladder technique, do one, then wait the time it took you to do it, then 2, and rest the same time it took you to do the two and so on
Sat 30/07/05 at 13:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I disagree with sets of 50 crunches.

The abs are muscles like any others. You wouldn't go into a gym and start knocking out sets of 50 bicep curls, would you?

I say do sets of 10-ish like you would any other muscle. Do your reps slow and in a controlled way. Use an incline, decline or weights to make it more difficult so you’re failing around the 10th rep.

I’d agree with adding CV, because it doesn’t matter how developed your abs are if there’s a big layer of blubber covering them.

Also, don’t forget to train the opposite muscles to them. As well as the abs and oblique’s, throw in some hyper-extensions to train your lower back.
Sat 30/07/05 at 13:15
"Tesco value"
5 small meals a day, consisting of 30% Carbs for slow releasing energy and 70% protein for muscle growth.

plenty of ab crunches and with a heavy weight reach down each side of your torso as low as you can go without bending your pelvis and back up again, do 2x10 reps each side and about 2x50 (or as many as you can muster until failure) ab crunches every other day.
The key to a six pack is weight loss, a few 2 mile jogs in the week will help considerably and help tone the two muscles just below the sternum (obliquus internus)

a six pack isn't a sign of strength though, rather the shape I am now than a streak of p*ss 7 stone weakling
Sat 30/07/05 at 00:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I haven't.

w00t.
Fri 29/07/05 at 23:32
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Who's got an X-pac? You know, the wrestling figure?
Fri 29/07/05 at 23:25
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Found you Forest Fan: [URL]http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9591/forestfan0ch.jpg[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.