GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games assistants"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/07/05 at 12:55
Regular
"BOO YA!"
I know it may not be the best place to put it but i thought that this is an inteligent discussion- why do sales people in MOST games shops always look down on you when you buy titles that are not in the 'main stream' i mean last week i got laughed at for buying Killer 7 as the sales person thought it was rubbish because of the graphics- and i was talking to aa mate , the same happened to hims when he bought the gregory horror show.

its just annoying how they always want to promote the worse titles available *eg fifa 20XX* and like denounce the others because they are different

i think they should all need training to make them see what a real good game is
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:05
The only problem I've had with shop assistants was when I was in the queue with PES2, he asked me if I wouldn't prefer Fifa.

I just kind of ignored him. I didn't really know what to say.
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:00
Regular
"Captain to you."
I love it when a shop assistant comments on something wrong infront of me, nothing better than making someone cry for their stupidity.
Fri 29/07/05 at 15:42
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Not had a talk about Game's disappointing amount of GC stuff in a while... but it's true.

We should go demand free stuff for our suffering.
Fri 29/07/05 at 15:24
"period drama"
I did actuslly have a nice little rant with the guy who sold me Skies of Arcadia about how depressing Game's GC display was.
Fri 29/07/05 at 15:17
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I remember trading in Mario Kart: Double Dash in Gamestation. The girl who served me randomly went on about how you shouldn't trade it in because the multiplayer's amazing.

She was right (I almost died of shock), but if I wanna play it, I'll just go round my mate's house and give him a game.
Fri 29/07/05 at 15:10
Regular
Last time I went into GAME I was impressed.
Although they tried to sell me their own controller for the Gamecube he was also recommending me GOOD games.

I was like "Yeah, I've got that, and that"

I was trading in Pikmin and he's like "What!? Why are you trading this in"
And I'm like "It sucks".
"Oh"

And then his colleague came over and recommended I buy Resi 4.

Impressed I was.
Fri 29/07/05 at 15:00
Regular
"you've got a beard"
the trick is to view their opinions with the contempt they deserve, then it doesn't matter if they laugh at you or not.
simply explain that you asked him to process a transaction, at no point did you ask for his views on your purchase.

.. then let him return to his game of DoA beach volleyball.

Edgys case is the only exception, there's no excuse for playing a train simulator.
Fri 29/07/05 at 13:08
"period drama"
They're called morons. You can laugh at them for that, regardless of what they buy, where they work or whichever superiority complex they dug up in the furthest reaches of their anal cavities.
Fri 29/07/05 at 13:06
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Yeah, its embarrassing, but half the games that aren't promoted are excellent. People who make absolutely rubbish games spend sooo much on advertising just so they can sell the rubbish they spent years producing.
I.e. Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring
Fri 29/07/05 at 13:02
Regular
If someone was new to gaming, I'd reccomend them a better title if I thought the one they were buying was rubbish.

However, I never laughed at anyone for their personal preferences.

Except when this one guy bought Microsoft Train Simulator and all of its add-ons. I went out to the stockroom and laughed.

I miss those days.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.