GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games assistants"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/07/05 at 12:55
Regular
"BOO YA!"
I know it may not be the best place to put it but i thought that this is an inteligent discussion- why do sales people in MOST games shops always look down on you when you buy titles that are not in the 'main stream' i mean last week i got laughed at for buying Killer 7 as the sales person thought it was rubbish because of the graphics- and i was talking to aa mate , the same happened to hims when he bought the gregory horror show.

its just annoying how they always want to promote the worse titles available *eg fifa 20XX* and like denounce the others because they are different

i think they should all need training to make them see what a real good game is
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I played Otogi once

"Hi, you like this?"
"Yeah, seems quite good"
"It's AMAZING MAN!"
"well, ok"

then i went and bought a cube game, and he never spoke to me again.

:*(
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:34
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> When I got BF2 I ended up with some gimp questioning me on my
> computer.

Hahaha, they do it because they like to think they know more about computers than you.

"You might need a 2giga-ma-hertz CPU!"
- "Right"
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:22
Regular
"bot"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I had one on Thursday when I bought Battlefield 2.

When I got BF2 I ended up with some gimp questioning me on my computer.
I walk up to the desk carrying the case.

"You know this is a pretty demanding game?"
"Yes, I've been playing the demo for 2 weeks, it runs fine on my PC"
"You have to have a powerful modern video card to run it"
"I know. The game works fine."
"Do you want me to check the database for your video card to see if it's compatible?"
"Did you hear anything I said? I've been playing the demo for 2 weeks with no problems."
"Well, if you're sure..."
"Yes. I'm sure."

I understand that they would have been told to check it would work okay on people's systems, but bloody hell, rattling through a script and ignoring everything the customer says to you is beyond moronic.
Sat 30/07/05 at 18:11
Game clerks not being polite with customers, unless they buy exactly what they want, has always been a problem. You'd think with cheaper competition from mail order, the only defining advantage of buying in-store would be the glistening customer service they should provide.

However, if they're always causing you grief for buying Astroboy, you can always write a letter of complaint to head office. I hear it's been happening quite a lot these days. At best, you'll get some free crap and maybe get the skinny gimp sacked.

As for promoting the latest "blockbusters", I see nothing wrong with that. They are, after all, pressured into selling certain games, and usually get a bonus if they meet targets. If you ask them something and they blatantly ignore you with more promotion ramblings, that's when they become the retarded folk 95% of the employees there are.
Sat 30/07/05 at 17:57
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Hedfix wrote:
> However if they do annoy you this is where you produce the bag full
> of 1, 2 and 5p's and pay for the game with those making the staff
> member count them out and trying to throw them off by commenting on
> other game's prices. :)

Ha, try that where I work and we'll just tell you to take them to the bank and get them changed :P

Anyway, it's pretty pointless staff in some stores ridiculing a game someone is buying or trying to sell people something they have no real intention of buying, I, and the others at my workplace, know that the vast majority of people are not going to buy some rubbish like Batman Begins, despite the company giving it a whole display, hence we won't try force it on people, on the other hand we won't have a go at anyone who wants to buy it.

Any customers who trade in softcore films like "erotic witch project", classic titles like "Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16", "Barbie Horse Riding", "Sprung" etc are fair game, unless they are kids in the example of the latter titles.
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:29
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I had one on Thursday when I bought Battlefield 2.

I walked into the shop (Game) and the assistant sprung.

"Can I help you?"
"just looking for Battlefield 2"
"It's just there"
"Erm, yes, I saw it when I walked in"
"It's really good"
"I know, that's why I'm going to buy it"
"You are? Shall I ring it through now?"

(Looks at price)

"Not for 35 quid."

The nosepicking, slope browed assistant in Granger Games gave an audible grunt as he paused his game when I approached the desk with a new copy for 27 quid. That's how it should be.

Nothing to do with the original post, but I thought I'd share.
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:18
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:
> Edgys case is the only exception, there's no excuse for playing a
> train simulator.

There's nothing wrong with a good train simulator.

Well, probably not the realistic ones anyway, I remember playing a game where you could simulate train crashes and kill everyone inside.

Oh those morbid games...
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:17
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I worked in Electronic Boutique for a summer when I was at Uni.

I never laughed at any of the customers. Not even the guy who really, really needed a brief run-down on the benefits of regular showers and anti-perspirent.

~shudder~
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Some tillmonkey commenting on my purchases would recieve no quarter from me.
Fri 29/07/05 at 16:07
Regular
"8==="
Seen a gamestation guy tell a kid not to get Driv3r because it was the worst game in existence, which I thought was fair enough.

"Don't buy that with your 16 months saving little kid it's over-hyped crap!"

However if they do annoy you this is where you produce the bag full of 1, 2 and 5p's and pay for the game with those making the staff member count them out and trying to throw them off by commenting on other game's prices. :)

"£20.35, £20.40..."

"Oh cool! Rush 20! 49! For 5! Pounds 50!

"23.50... ... ah crap 5, 10 ,15 ,20....."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.