GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If I had an idea for a sit-com..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/07/05 at 10:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I mean a really good idea, not Friends, not X-man + Y-woman * Z-Kooky neighbour = laughtrack. Where would I go?
Thu 28/07/05 at 14:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Peep Show is one my favourite programs in a long while.

Channel 4 is the best channel by far these days.
Thu 28/07/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The thing with the BBC is that they have maybe one programme on worth watching per year. Other than that it's the news, which I get on the internet. There's a real danger of this sudden search for "comedy talent" turning into a Pop Idol style contest, where the results will be over-produced rubbish with the excuse "It's the best we had at the time".

I think Channel 4 is the way to go with my "vision" - I really liked the style of Nathan Barley and Peep Show. Both cheap and revolve around the writing rather than the visual gags (although the scissors in the cat's head = lol).
Thu 28/07/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cool, I might give it a go. Though, I might only have an hours worth in my head.

The Smoking Room is alright. The one where they had no lighter was funny.
Thu 28/07/05 at 13:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Smoking Room is excellent! 2 Pints of Lager can go jump.

EDIT: You can see how desperate the Beeb are for new comedies, they've got "TALENT GO HERE!!" all over the place. Christ, it's shameless.
Thu 28/07/05 at 13:04
Regular
"not dead"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I'm not sure how to lay it out either.

I think you can download sitcom scripts from the BBC writers room website, just copy that format.

I think you can also get word templates - scriptsmart, or something, from there, which does most of the work for you.

EDIT: scriptsmart [URL]http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scriptsmart/[/URL]

EDIT: Scripts, some 'comedy' here - the Smoking Room & Two Pints of Lager

[URL]http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/insight/script_archive.shtml[/URL]
Thu 28/07/05 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The idea I've had is part-confessional, comes from real-life things which have happened to me, but overall it has a point too.
Thu 28/07/05 at 12:28
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm not sure how to lay it out either.
It is probably easy but I've had no experience in it. Least I have something funny in my head though... unlike all that drivel that gets on.

My Hero? That was the worst.
Thu 28/07/05 at 12:13
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
SHEEPY wrote:
> I had all the ideas in my head but I'm too embarrssed to do anything.

Here's a thought- if you don't write one, we'll laugh at you and embarrass you. Would that work?
Thu 28/07/05 at 12:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Someone has to. If Bo Selecta and that bear thing can get on TV...
Thu 28/07/05 at 12:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was quite tempted to write a six part thing over the Summer.

I had all the ideas in my head but I'm too embarrssed to do anything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.