GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Minish Cap"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/07/05 at 17:03
Regular
So I've got a week off work. I could play Tales of Symphonia, I could attempt to finish Baten Kaitos, or I could even get back to finally starting Beyond Good & Evil.

But no, I've spent the last 4 days playing Zelda: The Minish Cap on my GameCube. I got bored of it a while ago and thought I might as well give it a go. It's not as bad as the Oracles games on Game Boy Color...

I've been hooked on it. My eyes are exploding from concentrating too hard at the screen. Many moments have I wasted time running around in circles trying to figure out what to do when the obvious is right infront of my face all the time. Then I get a little further and frustrate myself on the next puzzle.

It's no Link to the Past beater, however, it's come close for me...mainly because of the inclusion of Gannon's Theme from the original cartoon series and original NES game! I was so suprised to hear that music through my speakers that I felt a wave of nostalgia hit me.

I love The Minish Cap!

runs
Thu 28/07/05 at 00:02
Regular
gimo80 wrote:
> I'm plugging away at Baten Kaitos right now - SO amazing, however the
> voice acting is atrocious. Lucky there is an option to turn it off :)

I thought it had one of the best and most invetive twists of all time...just wait my friend just wait.
Wed 27/07/05 at 22:26
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
I agree!! hey Gimo!

Seriously though, it does look a good game and from what i have played of it it is. 2 of my mates have finished it and said that it was awesome if not a little rushed.
Wed 27/07/05 at 22:24
Regular
"Divine Davine"
The game was absolutely amazing - but the final sections of the game felt so rushed. And the bit where you are given like 80 pearls? How lazy!

Fantastic overall, the blend of various genres are executed really well. Shame Ubisoft have been a little 'off' lately.
Wed 27/07/05 at 18:06
"period drama"
Aye, shame it's so bloody short.
I thought it would go on for ages at the start ... but apparently not.
Wed 27/07/05 at 17:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I finally got Beyond Good & Evil and I have to say its every bit as great as everyone says. I reccommend it wholeheartedly
Wed 27/07/05 at 12:58
Regular
yeah i really enjoyed minish cap, howevor i always define how good a Zelda game is by how memorable the dungeons are, i cant remember them all or in order in Minish Cap....
I can with LTTP, OOT and MM
Wed 27/07/05 at 12:15
Regular
Good thing the Revolution is backwards compatable...if I don't get round to it by then, I've got something to play when I get bored of the release games :D

After all, you know there's gonna be a dry patch, like there is now for DS, like there was for GameCube's launch and like there was for Game Boy Advance...
Wed 27/07/05 at 10:49
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I'm stuck on the Minish Cap, therfore I have stopped playing it for a while, but I will return to it someday.

I'm plugging away at Baten Kaitos right now - SO amazing, however the voice acting is atrocious. Lucky there is an option to turn it off :)

And Edgy, you have seriously got to start Beyond Good and Evil. SO good :D
Wed 27/07/05 at 00:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Oracles was alright.

Link's Awakening > All Zelda handheld games ever.
Tue 26/07/05 at 20:43
Regular
Sell it on ebay/trade it in, and buy another copy - means you have to play all through it again...but it's Minish Cap!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.