GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Minish Cap"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/07/05 at 17:03
Regular
So I've got a week off work. I could play Tales of Symphonia, I could attempt to finish Baten Kaitos, or I could even get back to finally starting Beyond Good & Evil.

But no, I've spent the last 4 days playing Zelda: The Minish Cap on my GameCube. I got bored of it a while ago and thought I might as well give it a go. It's not as bad as the Oracles games on Game Boy Color...

I've been hooked on it. My eyes are exploding from concentrating too hard at the screen. Many moments have I wasted time running around in circles trying to figure out what to do when the obvious is right infront of my face all the time. Then I get a little further and frustrate myself on the next puzzle.

It's no Link to the Past beater, however, it's come close for me...mainly because of the inclusion of Gannon's Theme from the original cartoon series and original NES game! I was so suprised to hear that music through my speakers that I felt a wave of nostalgia hit me.

I love The Minish Cap!

runs
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:07
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dead Spiders wrote:
> I was speaking to someone in the library today, whose got 15,000 words
> done.

Don't you hate it when people say that. Half the time their talking out of their 'beehind' to.

> I'm maybe 4k at the moment. Didn't feel good about it!

Arrr, an evenings typing... ;)

> But I can't seem to make much progress, it's a big impenetrable wall
> of junk that isn't quite related to what I'm looking for.

Yeah, the hardest part is always starting off. Figuring out what you're initially going to say and go on with. Once the first bits done, I always found my fingers flowed with the wind and could type thousands of words of rubbish quite quickly.

> Never mind. I'll keep chipping away. Haven't even got started on
> surveying yet... :^(

Good luck with it all matey. If you get bored, confused, wanna b#t#h about it, then come online and I should be around to supply more ammusing political propaganda for light entertainment. Either that or I'll be asleep! I'm quite knackered today. But should be around later to talk to Lucy!! :D

:)
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:45
Regular
i finished 4 swords the other day aswell, was really good, i loved some of the dugeons, especially the last few. Not a fan of the 2d bits that our played on tv mind.
The story was actually very good, suprised they used such a good one in such a , well, multiplayer game.
I supose it was'nt really revieled as epic until the end.
Yeah great to see Ganon again as a big blue pig, he was giant this time which was nice.
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:31
Regular
I was speaking to someone in the library today, whose got 15,000 words done.

I'm maybe 4k at the moment. Didn't feel good about it!

But I can't seem to make much progress, it's a big impenetrable wall of junk that isn't quite related to what I'm looking for.

Never mind. I'll keep chipping away. Haven't even got started on surveying yet... :^(
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:25
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dead Spiders wrote:
> Speaking of which, I finished 4 Swords yesterday.

Slacker, get back to work ya bumm!

:P
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:14
Regular
Speaking of which, I finished 4 Swords yesterday.

Pretty good stuff. By no means vintage zelda, the puzzles were on the easy side, but for the most part seemed a bit more logical than some of the other games. But it was a decent blast, and it got some use out of my cube for the first time in a while.

Still, all this batting balls of light around - I've never been fond of that. A bit of pong is all well and good, but the first time you encounter one of those sections, and you try all kind of rational attacks before randomly hiting the other guy's projectile with your sword...

Nice to see ganon return to form though - everyone likes beating up a big blue pig.
Nintendo? Kiddy? Never!
Now that really would have been grounds to criticise the wind waker
Thu 04/08/05 at 17:46
Regular
Zelda II?

(and not what SR used to advertise as Zelda 2 - Majoras Mask was not the second in the series)
Thu 04/08/05 at 17:44
"Hey whats up?"
Minish cap was pretty easy I love Minish cap its so fun!!!Its soooo awsome I love any Zelda games they all rock!
Thu 28/07/05 at 23:00
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Minish Cap is the hardest Zelda game ever. It was fun though... running up to the final boss at midnight on new year's eve was dramatic...
Thu 28/07/05 at 22:17
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> gimo80 wrote:
> I'm plugging away at Baten Kaitos right now - SO amazing, however
> the
> voice acting is atrocious. Lucky there is an option to turn it off
> :)
>
> I thought it had one of the best and most invetive twists of all
> time...just wait my friend just wait.

Aye, it better be as good as Tales Of Symphonia's :)

Now that is a good game :D
Thu 28/07/05 at 20:14
Regular
"BOO YA!"
how can you say the oracles games were bad, they were masterpieces, i spose it was a con having 1 'whole' gmae being split into 2 but still , i thought it was worth it

only gripe i have with the minish cap , its TOO SHORT, i want MORE

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.