GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kaunas vs Liverpool"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/07/05 at 15:39
Regular
Is this on TV? At all? TNS getting dicked by Stevie was on ITV2, but tonight it doesn't seem to be that. Instead, they're showing a rerun of Man Utd vs some Chinese club in a friendly.

Man Utd win 3-0, by the way. Park and two from Scholes. Some guy fouls Nistelrooy and he uses it as an excuse to vent spleen about the fact he's crap now. Alan Smith continues to play in a defensive midfield role (this makes me laugh). I've checked so you don't need to watch it. Don't thank me.

Am I going to have to listen to it on Radio 5? Presuming they have it and not live coverage of Shaun Wright-Phillips eating his first meal in the Chelsea canteen (Commentary by Ed De Hoey).

Oh, and the match. Baros is in the squad. Odds on him staying on the bench and not even moving to warm up in case he trips over Traore and reduces his market value?
Wed 03/08/05 at 17:18
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I'm still unsure whether I would like Owen to come back to Liverpool.
> In any case, if Liverpool don't take up the option to sign him, I
> really don't fancy seeing him in another Premiership team.

--

Why are you unsure? He hasn't got any worse, and that means he's still one of the best strikers money can buy. He will guarantee goals.

Morientes and Crouch are never going to be scoring 20+ goals. Cisse can, but he's still to prove it. Personally, I think Cisse's going to be 2nd to Henry this season, but I have no proof for that.
Wed 03/08/05 at 17:15
Regular
JFH wrote:

> If we come near the end of the transfer window and Newcastle are the
> only club interested then Owen will go there.

--

He'd rather stay at Real Madrid than go to Newcastle, I can almost guarantee. Think of what system Wandermully Night Shalabergo will play:

Baptista will play left midfield. Ronaldo and Robinho up front, with Raul/Zidane in the hole.

So, pretty much the same situation he was in last situation. Third-choice striker. He'd take that before going to Newcastle, it'd be a huge step down for him. It'd be more than that, it'd be a swallow-dive into the pavement.
Wed 03/08/05 at 17:14
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm still unsure whether I would like Owen to come back to Liverpool. In any case, if Liverpool don't take up the option to sign him, I really don't fancy seeing him in another Premiership team.
Wed 03/08/05 at 17:06
Regular
"0228"
Stryke wrote:
> 1 will be Newcastle ("No, Souness, go shaft yourself)

If we come near the end of the transfer window and Newcastle are the only club interested then Owen will go there.
Wed 03/08/05 at 16:32
Regular
So many good things happened in that match last night.

1) I noticed the Rafa Owen-dodging. He definitely refused to rule himself out of getting him. And today Owen has said he's spoken to 3 or 4 Prem clubs. 1 will be Newcastle ("No, Souness, go shaft yourself), 1 might be Man Utd ("Maybe, Fergie, maybe) so 1 could be 'Pool (Yes! Yes!).

2) Cisse is looking very very dangerous. This I like.

3) They showed Baros dressed in possibly the most camp outfit ever.

4) Crouch got injured for 3 weeks. This is excellent news.

However, Morientes isn't looking good. This isn't too hot.
Wed 03/08/05 at 11:25
Regular
"Green & White Army"
At least Cisse is looking good and didn't blast the ball for once when he scored.

Did anyone see the interview before the match ith Rafa?

ITV2: "Are you interested in Michael Owen?"

Rafa: "At the moment we have many strikers"

ITV2: "So you are not interested in him?"

Rafa (with wry smile): "We need a centre back and right midfielder"

He didn't say no or yes and maybe what he said before before about him was just a smokescreen. With Baros on his way out and Le Tallec out on loan we could do with another striker. There are rumours of Owen coming on loan with a view to a permanent transfer next season when more funds are availiable. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but it could be a possibility.

Oh yes it was a incredibly dull match but it did win me money!
Tue 02/08/05 at 22:46
Regular
That game was incredibly dull.

It's really quite worrying how significant a difference Gerrard makes.
Tue 02/08/05 at 19:20
Regular
So, what's the score going to be tonight with super-prolific Crouch up front?

At least Luis Garcia is starting, I love that little Spaniard.
Wed 27/07/05 at 23:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
down wrote:
> Meh, I think when he gets a good run he'll come good.

Oh definitely. I like the guy a lot and have always tipped him to be an awesome player and a sound investment for Liverpool.
Wed 27/07/05 at 11:31
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Liverpool goals and Rafa's short post match interview :

[URL]http://d36.yousendit.com/D/144R4JDBWI8K725XL151FIJ20Y/260705%20Kaunas%201-3%20Liverpool.zip[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.