GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Society at a low?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/07/05 at 00:00
Regular
I have an alsatation dog. I tied her up outside the shops and I return half an hour later. She's gone.

Two 12 year olds have picked up her lead and walked off with her. We missed them by about 5 minutes and luckly the cop station is only a minute away so we went straight away.

There was a woman complaining about stress for about 5 minutes. We finally get to see someone who brings up the CCTV footage. Clearly showing exactly were they are going and yet the best the police can do is give us a crime number and tell us to wait until Monday when they will ring us.

The CCTV footge shows them walking across the road that is located directly across from the station. But the police are unable to do anything.

So me and my family have looked on foot and in car for a couple of hours around the area were she went misisng. Trust us to have to live on the biggest council estate in the UK.

I just can't believe how pathetic society has become when two 12 yar olds, or younger, decide to steal a dog.

Shame our dog is so tame she simply let them. Even if she was dropped off somewhere she is not the type of dog who would be able to find her way home. She'll either end up dead in the middle of a road as she has no road sense at all or being put down.

We're hoping for the police to have some good news and have called the kennels to let us know if she is brought in. Horrible day.
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:11
Regular
"That's right!"
I still miss my cat, she died a few months ago. I still do stupid things like put a tin of tuna down on the kitchen floor after I'm done with it so she can get the leftovers, then realise what I've done about ten minutes later.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I know you don't want to hear this, but the chances of them taking the dog home and feeding and looking after her/him are slight at best. Something awful's probably happened and the scum want a kicking.
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:02
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Ouch. I can't imagine that ever happening to our dog, but I remember how upset I was when our cats disappeared.

A cat is nothing compared to a dog though. A dog is one of the family and really is man's best friend. I once went with my dad to the bank, qith the dog, and whilst my dad went in, i stayed outside, holding her by the lead whilst my dad went in. Only for about five minutes, but what chances can you take in todays society?

And I really don't see any reason whatsoever for 12 year-olds to steal a dog. Why/ What could they possibly do or tell people when they are seen going home or wherever with a huge dog like a German Shepherd?

I really hope you get her back. It's a terrible feeling when something like this happens.
Sun 24/07/05 at 15:02
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I recommend getting your dog microchipped. Mine was chipped a few years ago.

As a fellow dog-lover, I can imagine how you're feeling right now. Hopefully, she'll be returned to you soon and the 12 year olds will be severely punished.

I recommend that if you find them, handcuff them to a lampost and wander off.
Sun 24/07/05 at 13:25
Regular
"The definitive tag"
This is the kind of thing that would really **** me off. Some piece of garbage just walking off with your pet. There are few things I can think of that would make me more angry.

12 years old or not, give them a severe beating if you find them.
Sun 24/07/05 at 13:06
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm really, really sorry to hear that - I hope she's returned to you unharmed.

I can't imagine how you're feeling - if my dog went missing I would be distraught.

:,^(
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:55
Regular
Just been walking the streets for an hour and half again, but no luck.

Going to have dinner and then look around again later.

Chippxero, it's the shopping centre on Bransholme near ST Mary's church and St Oswalds school. Also, next to Winifred Holtby school.
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:50
Regular
When I had a dog (died last year), I used to be weary of tieing her up outside a shop, even if the visit was just to get a quick drink or something.

Dogs are truly mans best friend and I understand the worry and regret you are going through right now.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog and I hope you are able to find her soon, hopefully the parents of the boys will realise something and take your dog back.
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Are you going to cry, like with Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind?
Sun 24/07/05 at 12:42
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I think this is the most heartbreaking thread I've ever read. I'm starting to feel bad about stealing my cat, to be honest.

I'm sure it'll turn up.
Sun 24/07/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
People leave dogs tied up outside our local shopping centre all the time. You know because they bark continually and won't shut up!

Sorry about our dog though, that sucks and stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.