GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Society at a low?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/07/05 at 00:00
Regular
I have an alsatation dog. I tied her up outside the shops and I return half an hour later. She's gone.

Two 12 year olds have picked up her lead and walked off with her. We missed them by about 5 minutes and luckly the cop station is only a minute away so we went straight away.

There was a woman complaining about stress for about 5 minutes. We finally get to see someone who brings up the CCTV footage. Clearly showing exactly were they are going and yet the best the police can do is give us a crime number and tell us to wait until Monday when they will ring us.

The CCTV footge shows them walking across the road that is located directly across from the station. But the police are unable to do anything.

So me and my family have looked on foot and in car for a couple of hours around the area were she went misisng. Trust us to have to live on the biggest council estate in the UK.

I just can't believe how pathetic society has become when two 12 yar olds, or younger, decide to steal a dog.

Shame our dog is so tame she simply let them. Even if she was dropped off somewhere she is not the type of dog who would be able to find her way home. She'll either end up dead in the middle of a road as she has no road sense at all or being put down.

We're hoping for the police to have some good news and have called the kennels to let us know if she is brought in. Horrible day.
Mon 25/07/05 at 00:43
Regular
thenamechanger wrote:
> You are not authorised to view this page - is what comes up. It's
> obviously a private site
>
> It says you need credentials that you had when signing up - I think
> you need to publish it to the Web

Nevermind, I took the link down.
Mon 25/07/05 at 00:28
Regular
Hope you get your dog back ok.
Mon 25/07/05 at 00:22
Regular
You are not authorised to view this page - is what comes up. It's obviously a private site

It says you need credentials that you had when signing up - I think you need to publish it to the Web
Mon 25/07/05 at 00:21
Regular
I've just created a poster that we'll be putitng up tomorow. What do you think?

Edit: Nevermind.
Sun 24/07/05 at 22:40
Regular
That doesn't exactly mean society is at a low, stealing a dog is nothing compared to the kidnapping and murder of children, such as Jamie Bulger

You may get the dog back whereas someone like Jamie Bulgers' mum will never see him alive again. Stealing isn't a social phenomenon. Because it happened to you it seems more personal, like a funeral for a member of your family, but things much worse than this have been going on for years

I suspect the 12 year olds were idiots, no, they were. I assume that's how they get their kicks, undeniably it's sad and very low, but doesn't mean society itself is at a low
Sun 24/07/05 at 22:03
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> How do you know who stole it if you didn't see them?

CCTV footage of them taking her.
Sun 24/07/05 at 21:09
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Timmargh wrote:
> They can't track dogs that are chipped - the chip is for
> identification: when a dog is found, the scan it and get a serial
> number which they look up in a database for your name and address.

Exactly. The only thing they're good for is stopping the bone-headed RSPCA putting animals down or giving them away to someone else.
Sun 24/07/05 at 20:59
"period drama"
How do you know who stole it if you didn't see them?

Meh ... still pretty godawful, I'll kill anyone who tried to steal me dog.
Take my family, take my house, but don't touch my b!tch.
Sun 24/07/05 at 20:55
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Timmargh wrote:
> They can't track dogs that are chipped - the chip is for
> identification: when a dog is found, the scan it and get a serial
> number which they look up in a database for your name and address.

Oh right, too much ganja obviously. The memory isn't too good..
Sun 24/07/05 at 19:24
Regular
We've had the dog for 2 and a half years.

The shopping centre is about 5 - 10 minutes from hme. We have took her there for over 2 years and not once has anything happend to her.

We had another dog for 18 years. For 16 years she was tied up at the same spot and was perfectly fine. There should not be a reaosn why we can not tie her up there anymore.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.