GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Hot News* GTA san andreas is 2 player."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Sat 23/10/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Hi I was looking through an American forum and found these very convincing pics supposedly out of the November OPM of 2 player in action, take a look your self. I have taken them into paint and I can’t see any signs of cutting and pasting so I am convinced. What do you lot think? The thing that makes them more believable is that there not screenshots never realised.
[URL]http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=gta&message.id=90085[/URL]
Sun 24/10/04 at 20:13
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Ragdoll physics??!!

Woah.
Sun 24/10/04 at 20:05
"period drama"
Of course it'll be good, dullard, because it's GTA at heart - and, seeing as they haven't changed the basic game mechanics since GTA3, there's no way it can be a bad game.

It'll just be a huge let-down. All these 'omg!1 new featurez!1' are superficial and tedious. Apart from ragdoll and (perhaps) the new aiming system, nothing has really been improved, has it?

Well, I've changed my mind a little - now that I know you don't have to eat, and you don't have to go to the gym or get a hair cut or any of that pointless crap. Maybe getting on with the actual game will be quite enjoyable.
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I cant wait until this game comes out, it'll prove you all wrong.

(The ones that thinks it'll be pants)
Sun 24/10/04 at 19:36
"period drama"
AliBoy wrote:
> i'munn wrote:
> What features?
> Eating. Erm.
> Erm.
> Erm.
>
> So far the new features I've seen are:
>
> SPOILERS!
>
> You don't need to eat all the time, it just replaces the usual medi
> packs some games have, so if your injured eating will replace your
> energy bar.
> Eat too much you get fat.
> Can also go to the gym and improve your physical appearance and
> stamina.
> Can buy clothes, tattoos and haircuts.
> Can modify cars with various additions like NOS, paint jobs,
> hydraulic suspension etc.

You just kinda proved his point.
Sun 24/10/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I was gonna make a topic about this, but it isn't my style.

I hope Ali (or someone else that knows a bit about MAX drive) can help me wit this :

Today, because I was bored, I decided to download a game save for Vice City. But it just wasn't working. This is what I did :-

1) Put the MAX DRIVE into my PC and downloaded the GTA Powersave from Codejunkies.

2) Took out the MAX DRIVE and put it into my PS2.

3) Went into 'My Devices' and selected the MAX DRIVE Icon.

4) Ticked the GTA file and uncrushed it to Memory Card 1.

After I did that I re-setted the PS2 (with the MAX DRIVE still in it) and put in GTA Vice City. When it tried to load it said something like :

"Load File failed! Wrong game file type, try changing game file type and try again. Restarting game now."

It wasn't that exactly but it was something similar. I then tried downloading a Community save to see if that works and it didn't so I tried starting the GTA game without the MAX DRIVE in the USB port and it still didn't work.

I've given up now and dont know what im doing wrong.

Oh and another strange thing I saw was this : When I was looking at my save in my Memory Card I realised that my PES4 Save has an X-port logo next to it. I thought X-port files dont work with Max Drives? I downloaded it from PESFan and I know I chose the Max Drive file, it doesn't really matter anyway becuase the PES4 file works.

I just need some help on the GTA Save.

Thanks in advance.
Sun 24/10/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
i'munn wrote:
> What features?
> Eating. Erm.
> Erm.
> Erm.

So far the new features I've seen are:

SPOILERS!

You don't need to eat all the time, it just replaces the usual medi packs some games have, so if your injured eating will replace your energy bar.
Eat too much you get fat.
Can also go to the gym and improve your physical appearance and stamina.
Can buy clothes, tattoos and haircuts.
Can modify cars with various additions like NOS, paint jobs, hydraulic suspension etc.

As for the two player I've heard from some respectable sites that you can have a second player take part in a few missions, and also in some little extras. Have also heard from others its a load of balls about a 2 player. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Sun 24/10/04 at 16:53
Regular
I R HOOPSTA wrote:
> Theres so many features that this game is gonna have, I dont see how
> Rockstar can say they haven't rushed it.

What features?
Eating. Erm.
Erm.
Erm.
Sun 24/10/04 at 16:49
Regular
"hulagadoo"
AliBoy wrote:
> The two player mode is only suppose to be playable on certain missions
> throughout the game. Times where both characters are in the same
> vehicle so one will drive and the other will shoot.
> Saw a video which showed you driving a bike chasing a train and a
> gang member was trying to kill guys on top of the train, guess that
> with a second player you would drive and they would shoot.
>
> Not a 2 player throughout the whole game.

If you read what it said on the site, you would know you cant do missions in 2 player but there isnt going to be a 2 player anyway.
Sun 24/10/04 at 16:48
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I doubt that this is true. If it was wouldn't rockstar have mentioned it already?
Sun 24/10/04 at 16:42
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Theres so many features that this game is gonna have, I dont see how Rockstar can say they haven't rushed it.

I hope it's good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.