GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My new US PS'TWO'..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/10/04 at 20:39
Regular
[URL]http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1053649[/URL]

Fantastic little belter! Extremely Tiny, everything appears to be pretty much the same aside from it being the latest drive with all the best qualities of the later PS2 model. Extremely quiet to the point where you actually need to put your ear next to it to hear it. When you look at it next to the Xbox it is crazy, the size difference is absolutely huge.

Top stuff!
Thu 28/10/04 at 08:22
Regular
It's a quality design. The fans are extremely quiet, the DVD/CD drive is now a flip top load which is far better, the new look is definitley what they should have gone with originally.

Overall it is probably the best looking and quietest console I have ever owned.
Wed 27/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I can't help but think it looks like something you'd get from a market in Skeggness.
Wed 27/10/04 at 23:11
Regular
"None Stored"
i knew it was small, but damn!!
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:57
One for the caption contest I reckon.

PS2: "Ever heard of the Atkins diet?"
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:05
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
LMAO at that pic with it next to the Xbox lol!
Tue 26/10/04 at 12:45
Regular
Heh!

It is the little touches like that that make the Metal Gear games stand out. The presentation/visual/audio experience is faultless and all the Metal Gear games have been at the top of the tree when it comes to these areas of the game.

They can’t really do a hell of a lot visually though without waiting for the next generation of Playstation or taking the series PC exclusive and we all know they won't do that.

A top draw story and presentation is pretty much a dead cert and judging by all the previous Metal Gear titles they won't let up on the gameplay either, just as long as there is 'more' I will be happy. The new physics look excellent, as do the moves, the addition of knife stealth kills, the whole idea of camouflage and jungle warfare is absolutely top draw and outside of Vietcong on the PC I can't think of many titles that have managed to carry through the feeling of claustrophobic jungle environments.

It won't disappoint on any level I don't think, a pretty much guaranteed smash hit as far as I am concerned.

It is nice to have titles like this; I know what I will be buying well in advanced.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:57
Cue 3 second cutscene between 2 characters with full bodies present; then, a quick cut to the codec screen, thus saving thousands off their budget. And also reeking of laziness as we stare at a screen with two windows of characters heads and some random number in the middle.

But all is forgiven, as long as we can hear their thoughts by pressing R1 and R2, and zoom into their heads!!!
Mon 25/10/04 at 11:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
A-X-K wrote:
> Codec is in there,

Excitement for game drastically reduces
Mon 25/10/04 at 11:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
A-X-K wrote:
> By the way, lalakers, any ideas on a release of Winning Eleven 8?

For an American release?? Q2 2005 gamefaqs has it down as.
Sun 24/10/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Bicycle"
A big pox.

I jealouse... I went to the US, but my PS2 is PAL...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.