GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Earl Hebner's been fired :("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/07/05 at 07:15
Regular
Source: NODQ

"Earl Hebner was fired by WWE Monday after allegedly selling merchandise without authorization.

Dave Hebner has NOT been fired although he has apparently been disciplined for being a part of the act.

Hebner had refereed most main events on PPV for the past decade. More as we get it."

Seems awfully harsh for someone who's been with the company for 20 years. I'm angry.
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That's the one
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Kawada wrote:
> Nick Patrick sucks major. Brian Hebner or that blonde guy whose name
> escapes me at the moment (Charles something?) are the future

Charles Robinson?
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nick Patrick sucks major. Brian Hebner or that blonde guy whose name escapes me at the moment (Charles something?) are the future
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:45
Regular
"..."
Hmm, Ok, I must be the only person here who is actually glad tosee him go.

Earl has been botching finished and taking unconvincing, sloppy looking bumps for about the last 2 and a half years and should have been sacked for not being up to the job, especially as much better referees than him have been given their walking orders by the WWE.

Nick Patrick for head ref!
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:49
Regular
Upon returning from holiday, this was news I definitely not expecting. I know Vince has been going a little crazy in dealing with wrestlers recently, and has fired a number of talented superstars, but firing his most senior official is something else.

Kawada hit the nail right on the head with his analysis of the situation. Because Earl Hebner doesn't have the apparent immunity of John Bradshaw Layfield and Bob Holly, he's paid for what in all honesty wasn't anything particularly bad for the company. Apparently his brother is in a lot more trouble than was originally thought as well, which is an even bigger blow for the refereeing scene.

Naturally, it's a lot easier to be a referee than it is to be a wrestler, and so of course they'll find adequate replacements. It's still a pretty stupid scuffle for Vince to get himself involved in.
Wed 20/07/05 at 00:31
Regular
"you've got a beard"
to be fair, he was selling t-shirts with pictures of HHH cornholing vince.
Tue 19/07/05 at 15:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nice to see good old WWE ethics in action though. A worker embarasses himself and the company all night at a PPV in clear view of the audience before then launching a cheap assault on someone but has absolutely no action taken against him.

Good ol' Earl makes a couple of quick bucks off the top of merchandise sales which really only the IWC will know about yet he's booted out the door quicker than you can say *You screwed Bret*

Nice to see logic and common sense is alive in McMahonland
Tue 19/07/05 at 15:10
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I wonder if they will release a DVD with his best moments!!!!

To be honest the only storyline i have heard him involved in was screwing Hulk Hogan by counting to 3 even though he kicked out. Some "evil twin" storyline or something if i remember :S

Not a bad ref though.

Qualifications on how to be a WWE ref:

- Can count a 3 second pin fall
- Can make a 10 count last 2 minutes
- Can act extremely dopey when something is amazingly obvious but you have to pretend you dont know what is going on!
Tue 19/07/05 at 14:39
Regular
I never liked that fella anyway...
Tue 19/07/05 at 14:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I bet they're dancing in the streets of Canada. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.