GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Earl Hebner's been fired :("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/07/05 at 07:15
Regular
Source: NODQ

"Earl Hebner was fired by WWE Monday after allegedly selling merchandise without authorization.

Dave Hebner has NOT been fired although he has apparently been disciplined for being a part of the act.

Hebner had refereed most main events on PPV for the past decade. More as we get it."

Seems awfully harsh for someone who's been with the company for 20 years. I'm angry.
Thu 21/07/05 at 01:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Dave's gone too now it seems.
[URL]http://nodq.com/news/123898816.shtml[/URL]
Thu 21/07/05 at 00:11
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
Nick Patrick should get head ref, since he had that post back in WCW.
As for Charles Robinson? All I can say is: Ric Flair's lapdog.
Wed 20/07/05 at 17:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
maybe he's had some wrestling experience and knows how much it hurts?
when i'm (badly) ref-ing matches i catch myself wincing and joining in the "oooooooh" if something isn't performed quite right... totally shattering the verisimilitude and cementing my status as a "only when there's noone else" ref :D
Wed 20/07/05 at 14:19
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Cong_Man wrote:
> He's the guy who 'sells' the moves being done to the wrestlers...i.e.
> if there is a piledriver, he'll hold his head. Very amusing to
> watch...

It's a strange thing to do, though it makes it obvious which parts of the wrestlers are being hurt with the moves in question. In Japan, I've seen lots of refs react to the moves (especially finishers, where they jump out of their shoes), and that's carried over to the US indies, but nothing's quite like Slick.
Wed 20/07/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I can say it because he sucks and the fact he's got a face i want to keep punching and would never get tired. The match with Frankie on Velocity was practically a 3 way dance the amount of times Patrick kept getting too close
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Are you ever watching and you think to yourself "ooh that ref looks like he is standing closer than usual, i expect he will get knocked over when Edge jumps off the ropes and Kane moves out of the way" or something like that?

SOmetimes the refs make it totally blatant because of their positioning.
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:55
Regular
"..."
Solid, doesn't make too many obvious mistakes.
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:53
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
There is a ref called Mike Chioda isnt there?

What do you think of him?
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:51
Regular
"..."
How can you say Nick Patrick sucks? He's the best referee in the WWE right now!

Best referee in wrestlig though HAS to be TNA's Mark 'Slick' Johnson...

He's the guy who 'sells' the moves being done to the wrestlers...i.e. if there is a piledriver, he'll hold his head. Very amusing to watch...
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:49
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Yeah he's alright.

Brian Hebnar is funny when he gets doing his beat-boxing!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.