GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS in hospitals"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/07/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
In a month or so, I'm going to be having an operation and will be in hospital for a few days (then off work for a month, zing!). I'm going to be bored out of my mind unless I take something to do. I was thinking of getting a few DS games then leaving them alone until I go into hospital.

However, it occured to me that there might be a problem with that. We all know that you're supposed to switch mobile phones off in hospitals because the signals they give out can interfere with hospital equipment... but does anyone know if this would apply to the DS as well? Seeing as the DS is supposedly constantly sending out signals; searching for other DS consoles to connect with (or so I heard), would these interfere with hospital equipment in the same way as mobile phones?

If so, I'll take my GBA and finish Astro Boy and Minish Cap... but I fancied having Kirby and Nintendogs keeping me and my bed-pan company.
Mon 25/07/05 at 11:52
Regular
"Divine Davine"
No it only searches if the little green light at the bottom is flashing. Very few games do that and if they do, then you will be able to have the option to switch it off. Otherwise it is just gay.
Mon 25/07/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yeah, I just tried turning the option on in Kirby. Intriguing...
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:04
Regular
"Divine Davine"
And so deliciously pointless! Hm, I hope someone in an 80 metre radius around me is playing a DS! We can chat on Pictochat instead of face to face! How fun!

Sorry, I do love Pictochat, but honestly...
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:05
Regular
"Remember me?"
You can't draw boobs when talking face to face though.

BEEEWWWWWBBBSSSS!!!!
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:09
Regular
It don't bother me if you do get a PSP.

Just with the majority of games available on the mainstream consoles, and the fact I've only bought 2 PS2 games, I probably wont be getting one myself.
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:25
Regular
Lumines ain't available on mainstream consoles :D.

The DS is quirky, but ultimately, I wouldn't say there's anything worth owning it for yet. I know that's my opinion, the killer app of Nintendogs just doesn't do it for me :S.
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:26
Regular
Except Meteos, before I get flamed, I wouldn't mind having that, but that's from the same people as Lumines so no surprise :).
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:29
Regular
"Divine Davine"
HOW DARE YOU!! ;D

Yeah, Meteos is great, and so is Kirby, Mario 64 DS, WarioWare, Another Code...

But I totally understand if you ain't interested. I know you'll come crwaling back when the console goes online....mwhahahaha!
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:31
Regular
nah
Mon 25/07/05 at 12:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
Bullett wrote:
> The PSP's wi-fi is switchable, meaning if you don't want it on, you
> can deactivate it - perfect for sensitive areas.

Is this on individual games or actually on the system itself?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.