GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football Manager 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Football Manager 2005'.
Mon 25/10/04 at 11:17
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Anyone else planning to get this?

As mentioned by Lipe in another topic, you can download a demo off the Sports Interactive site, which gives you all the English and Scottish leagues to play with for the first 6 months, which isn't bad at all.

You get some weird results though - I just beat Arsenal 6-1 with Chelsea (we can only hope, hey?) and also it's generally pretty hard to score.

Good fun though, looking forward to the full game.
Fri 21/01/05 at 16:18
Regular
Although i had promised myself not to get it becasue of my last year of uni, i just had to "obtain" game to play on my new laptop.

Got it with the latest patch and finding it a bit too easy with Man utd than it usually is. I started off really crap though. Losing 3 games in london in the early part of the season to Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal...but then went the rest of the season unbeaten with a 14 game winning streak in there and turned around a 14 point deficit behind arsenal!

During my crap start i went out of the champs league in the group stage (first time that has ever happened to me with a decent team) but won the uefa cup.

Had some major fixture pile up in the first season towards the end becasue i had so many cup replays and was still in all comps. Ended up playing games on wednesday, thursday, friday and sunday! Had to call on the reserves! didnt lose any of them so was quite chuffed.

hooked it on it. Into 2nd season and signed D'Alessandro, Cassano, Van bommel, Jankulovski and Kehl so far. Got gilardino, corvia and Eto coming in the summer on free. Eto and corvia just to sell on for profit methinks.
Mon 03/01/05 at 11:03
Regular
"il give u a game if"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Vampyr wrote:
> i am waiting till my mates get CMnew and this and then see which is
> better, and get that one copied. i mean buy that one.
>
> People have played the demo, and have come away absolutely disgusted.
> Some have gone far enough as to suggest it's the worst football
> management game ever.
>
> Stick with the good old formula, in Football Manager 2005. It's a top
> game anyway, and is worth buying even if CM5 does turn out to be
> good. Which it won't.
u wanna play fm2005 add me [email protected]
Mon 03/01/05 at 01:56
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
It is broken, so he can't play. It's like his penis is in a splint.
Mon 03/01/05 at 01:54
Regular
"il give u a game if"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Got it today, but apparently the disc is corrupt so I'm going to have
> to take it back and get a replacement.
>
> Bah.
u wanna play
Mon 03/01/05 at 01:53
Regular
"il give u a game if"
u wanna have a network game of fm2005 add me on msn [email protected] asap
Mon 22/11/04 at 16:00
Regular
Hey guys check out my FM network game thread.
Mon 22/11/04 at 13:07
Regular
"..."
Coming towards the end of the season, had a run of five gaes without a win that has left us adrift in ninth place. Still not a bad season considering we were tipped to be among the relegation contendors, and I've shored up the clubs finances by booting out over-paid and untalented rejects like Impey, Hjelde and Jess.
Sun 21/11/04 at 19:18
Regular
"es argh"
Now in me third season.

Pompey are third in the closing stages of the season, my star buys have proved their worth and may even get the title, Arsenal (2nd) and Liverpool (1st) play each other soon, t'shall be interesting.
Sun 21/11/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
Aye.

I have no problems. Such a good game.
Sun 21/11/04 at 01:43
Regular
Nope, mine works fine but maybe you should try to re-install it, it might fix the problem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.