GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I was ripped off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 14:21
Regular
"0228"
Had my haircut today, the place I normally go was full and I really wanted to get it cut as soon as possible, meaning I had to go to a nearby salon type place.

Cutting my hair is fairly simple, it doesn't even require scissors. I have a number 4 on top and a 3 around the back and sides. Easy, yes? Normally I pay £3.50 for this, which some may say is a bit expensive but today I almost had a heart attack after hearing the price.

Rip-off merchant: "That'll be £9, please."
Me: "£9!!!!"
Rip-off merchant: "Yeah, £9. Oh no, wait, you're under 18 so it's less."
Me: *sigh of relief*
Rip-off merchant: "It's actually £8."
Me: *shocked again, but pay anyway*

I only had £8 on me, it was unbelievable. It wasn't even a particuarly good cut, I think it was somebody on work experience that did it. Bah.
Sun 17/07/05 at 13:31
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Haircut's are horrible. You end up with hair stuck to the inside of your shirt no-matter how much tissue is crammed down your neck. It itches and I still find hair in my t-shirts several washes later.

So now I haven't had it cut for almost a year. It's messy and can be a bit annoying but I save loads of money and don't ruin any clothes.
Sun 17/07/05 at 13:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Buy clippers.

10 quid, never need another haircut. I save a fortune on shampoo and conditioner too. Bwhahahaha.
Sun 17/07/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
It costs me about £12 to get mine cut, so I tend to round up to about £15 including the tip.

My local Barber used to cost £3, but, to be fair, he used to take about 10 minutes to cut it and for only 3 of those minutes did he look at my head. He then retired so I had to find another local, which cost about £15. They did take their time, wash, cut and style it mind.

Now living in Brighton I just go to Supercuts. No appointment needed, just walk in and wait for a little while.
Sat 16/07/05 at 23:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Pattern of my hair;

Grows

Grows

Grows

Gets a bit inconvenient

cut for £5

grows

grows

grows

/repeat

Although at the moment I am one sexy biatch, so I might keep it this length.
Sat 16/07/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Who Hell He?"
We all get ripped off every second of the day...by the government, by capitalist pigs, by everyone who has a vested interest in what you make....you cant win and never will.....
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:39
Regular
"0228"
Time_Warp wrote:
> Yeh me too and its not exactly a fancy cut either. I can't believe
> some people actually pay £5 or less. Down here in Surrey
> *pauses for gasps of awe* £10 is a good price and you're
> moaning about paying more than a fiver to get your hair cut? Booo

But all they have to do is run the clippers over a couple of times. It's not hard, and £8 for less than 20 minutes work seems a bit over the top considering the difficulty levels.
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:23
Regular
I just slice mine off myself.

Number 2 all over.

Job done.
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I cut mine myself...

Just an easy 9mm all over....

... grows to about 1 inch, or so, then I do it again.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
munn wrote:
> I pay 10.50 for a haircut.
>
> And then I susally tip them 1.50, because they give really good
> cuts.
>
> :-)

Yeh me too and its not exactly a fancy cut either. I can't believe some people actually pay £5 or less. Down here in Surrey *pauses for gasps of awe* £10 is a good price and you're moaning about paying more than a fiver to get your hair cut? Booo
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:12
Regular
Ice_Crystal_15 wrote:
> Work Experience is quite over a week ago, It might be a new worker
> that cutetd your hair.

Haha, ok.

Crayons?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.