GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I was ripped off"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 14:21
Regular
"0228"
Had my haircut today, the place I normally go was full and I really wanted to get it cut as soon as possible, meaning I had to go to a nearby salon type place.

Cutting my hair is fairly simple, it doesn't even require scissors. I have a number 4 on top and a 3 around the back and sides. Easy, yes? Normally I pay £3.50 for this, which some may say is a bit expensive but today I almost had a heart attack after hearing the price.

Rip-off merchant: "That'll be £9, please."
Me: "£9!!!!"
Rip-off merchant: "Yeah, £9. Oh no, wait, you're under 18 so it's less."
Me: *sigh of relief*
Rip-off merchant: "It's actually £8."
Me: *shocked again, but pay anyway*

I only had £8 on me, it was unbelievable. It wasn't even a particuarly good cut, I think it was somebody on work experience that did it. Bah.
Wed 20/07/05 at 20:52
Regular
Well, somebody I know gets their hair cut at Tony & Guy, which costs £35 - 40 for a light trim every time !

This extravagance is so he can watch MTV on a Plasma tv screen while he gets his hair cut, he owns a Plasma tv anyway and the cuts aren't particularly great

So in a way I'm linking back to Celestines' point about paying for your location and the service you get, sometimes more than the cut itself
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:58
Regular
"Colourless"
Clazon wrote:
> London = £9.00 a snip.
>
> So...
>
> OH NOES! YOU HAD TO PAY (ONCE) WHAT I HAVE TO PAY (EVERY TIME).

Couldn't have said it better myself. Costs me £9 wherever I go around here.
Wed 20/07/05 at 19:56
Regular
"the burning sky"
Went today, for the first time in 6 months and not suprisingly the price had gone up slightly. Tis £6.50 now and it was a pretty fine half-hour cut with scissors. The place was empty at the time I went, so I guess they didnt feel the need to rush it...
Mon 18/07/05 at 11:10
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
It cost me £5. Thats the cheepest I can find it around my area. One place is £15!!!
Sun 17/07/05 at 21:12
Regular
It only costs £4.50 around here.
Sun 17/07/05 at 20:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
My Mums a hairdresser, so I get my hair done for free. ;-) Kind of ironic though that I don't actually have much hair.....
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
so funny i forgot to laugh!!
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:41
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
hahahahaha!!

Your funny!!lol
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:40
Regular
I'll rip you off in a minute, Chavez.
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:40
Regular
I pay £5 for a short trim on top and grade 3 down the sides.

We get to watch music channels, allowed free coffee (not that I actually like the stuff) and there's also a pile of newspapers / fhm's / other manly magazines on the coffee table for us to read/perve.

pwn'd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.