GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Blood Prince"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/07/05 at 15:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's out tomorrow night, and I can't be the only Harry Potter fan on here. I shall be entering into the spirit of things and picking up my copy around midnight.

Unfortunately I know what happens.. thanks to the brilliance of the internet I had some spoilers thrust at me earlier. An important character turns bad and kills another important character, something I could have done without knowing, but still.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
Sat 16/07/05 at 16:42
Regular
"bot"
Mozzy wrote:
> And why are you acting as if you know everything about wrting styles?
> I bet you haven't got a clue about what makes a decent arthor, you're
> just criticising her because her book is popular and for some really
> stupid reason you want to be part of the minority and say her wrting
> style is poor, you fool.

No, he's right. Her writing style isn't anything special. Painfully average, I'd say.
Sat 16/07/05 at 13:54
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've just finished it. I've yet to sleep since picking it up at midnight..

It's another relatively slow starter. No where near as slow as the fifth, but it takes until about from about halfway in the action is really intense.. the ending is brilliant.
Sat 16/07/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Anarchic Sponge"
> Sorry, wrong one. The last one sucked. Must have been no 5. 4
> was goblet? That one was enjoyable enough.

When Voldemort didnīt kill Harry I wept, knowing that more books would follow.
Sat 16/07/05 at 11:55
Regular
Tphi wrote:
> Don't [URL]http://dumbledoreiskilledbysnape.ytmnd.com/[/URL] unless
> you want the book spoiled.

Is that all?

Damn! I thought Rowling might have the balls to kill off a really major character.
Sat 16/07/05 at 08:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tphi wrote:
> Really? I thought no 5 dragged at the start but 4 was alright.

Sorry, wrong one. The last one sucked. Must have been no 5. 4 was goblet? That one was enjoyable enough.
Fri 15/07/05 at 23:17
Regular
"Mozzy"
gamesfreak wrote:
> I don't see what the big deal is?
>
> JK Rowlings writing style is poor, she'd be fit enough to write for
> The Sun, yet everyone loves the books?

Although I dont read her books I wouldn't say she has poor writing style. The book is mainly aimed at kids, so people like you aren't expected to like it. If you do like it then theres nothing wrong with that, I just dont think it's necessary for a man to criticise a book that is aimed for children.

And why are you acting as if you know everything about wrting styles? I bet you haven't got a clue about what makes a decent arthor, you're just criticising her because her book is popular and for some really stupid reason you want to be part of the minority and say her wrting style is poor, you fool.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:58
Regular
"not dead"
It was the right book at the right time - for the publishers.

It was believed that kids were in to realistic stories, crap about how young kids deal with issues in their real lives, and not wizards and magic. JK Rowling received dozens of rejections before she found someone willing to give it a go, and it turned out they were wrong, and she was right.

I've not read any of the books, and I don't intend to - boy wizards aren't for me, but best of luck to her, her persistance paid off, and she should now milk it for all it's worth.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:37
Regular
I don't see what the big deal is?

JK Rowlings writing style is poor, she'd be fit enough to write for The Sun, yet everyone loves the books?

*shrugs*
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:35
Regular
"The definitive tag"
JFH wrote:
> I feel left out considering
> everybody else on the planet seems to have read at least one of the
> books.

I think you're actually the fortunate one here. You haven't made the mistake of reading one yet, I'd keep it that way.
Fri 15/07/05 at 21:12
Regular
"0228"
I've never read a Harry Potter book. I read an extract from the first one and decided it wasn't for me. I feel left out considering everybody else on the planet seems to have read at least one of the books.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.