GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Blood Prince"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/07/05 at 15:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's out tomorrow night, and I can't be the only Harry Potter fan on here. I shall be entering into the spirit of things and picking up my copy around midnight.

Unfortunately I know what happens.. thanks to the brilliance of the internet I had some spoilers thrust at me earlier. An important character turns bad and kills another important character, something I could have done without knowing, but still.

Anyone else looking forward to it?
Sat 16/07/05 at 22:14
Regular
"0228"
Yeah, like who would buy the Star Wars DVDs if they already had them on video?

*whistles innocently*
Sat 16/07/05 at 22:12
Regular
"8==="
Same goes for movie and series re-issues.

There's usually new covers and artwork so the fanatical collectors will get them again despite already owning a copy.
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:41
Regular
"0228"
Hedfix wrote:
> The adult edition makes perfect sense.
>
> It's to make the real obsessives by BOTH copies for their
> collections.

Indeed, it is a clever ploy. Sort of like when magazines do editions with two different covers but on a bigger and far more worth while scale.
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:19
Regular
Mozzy wrote:
> stuff

Yes, I know the series of books is aimed at children, I have no problem with that whatsoever, they should be reading.

The only thing that really irritates me is the fact that there are adults purchasing the "adult editions" and furiously defending their enjoyment for the book.

"it's for everyone to enjoy"
- "why didn't you get the normal edition?"
"Er, might get a few looks on the bus! People will think I can't read!"

Read LoTR, thats a childhood < - > adulthood book for all to enjoy.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:56
Regular
"8==="
The adult edition makes perfect sense.

It's to make the real obsessives by BOTH copies for their collections.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The adult editions are odd.

It's like they've semi-admitted that yeah, they like a kids book, but at the same time they're saying they need it to look older, and all the time everyone trumpets how wide an age range read it and how great that is.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:44
"period drama"
Actually, Mozzy, gamesfreak and Merm are right, as are most sane people.
Her writing style is rather poor and, well, not very stylish.

Luckily - with the exception of the 5th one, which was stale and rubbish - the world itself is pretty engaging and the story as a whole has enough facets to be entertaining enough. And it is, after all, for kids.

Although the amount of "adult editions" (what, a slightly less colourful covering?) I sold today made me weep and want to punch stuff.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Haha, I can now ruin it for my girlfriend

Excellent.
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:55
Regular
Arcade Fiver wrote:

> When Voldemort didnīt kill Harry I wept, knowing that more
> books would follow.

Why do you read them in the first place?
Sat 16/07/05 at 16:53
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Dont spoil the book for everyone. Dont tell everyone what happens give us a chance to read it first.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.