GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband around the house ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/07/05 at 12:31
"period drama"
Excuse my ignorance, and I'm sure this gets asked every 5 minutes or so, but whatever ...

Best way to get broadband access in another place in the house from where it's hooked up to the main computer?

Would just buying another modem and setting my laptop up the same work? Or does it all have to go through the main computer?
Fri 22/07/05 at 22:40
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Hey hey, the toaster on my computer isn't working.
> Any ideas?

Get a PS2 instead. They make awesome toasters.
Wed 20/07/05 at 11:19
Regular
Wrong type of bread ;).
Tue 19/07/05 at 22:35
"period drama"
Hey hey, the toaster on my computer isn't working.
Any ideas?
Tue 19/07/05 at 16:37
Regular
I used to work in a shop selling computer hardware, you'd be surprised by how many people don't understand what the obvious might be :D.
Tue 19/07/05 at 16:35
"period drama"
Oh yeah - cheers. Nice piece of kit.

Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious Bonus! I hadn't thought of that!
All sorted now anyway.
Tue 19/07/05 at 14:37
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> gamesfreak wins

Where's my gratitude? I chose the darn thing :'(
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:45
Regular
Well, if your laptop can access is without having to authenticat itself, so can everyone else living near you with a wireless PC, laptop, PSP, DS or Tablet thingy.

Where do you live? I'd like to use your internet connection for free too. I could even by a wireless bridge and properly hijack your connection.

Did you remember to change the router's default password to something no one outside your house can guess? You wouldn't want to be locked out of your own router now, would you??

;).
Tue 19/07/05 at 13:45
Regular
Well, if your laptop can access is without having to authenticat itself, so can everyone else living near you with a wireless PC, laptop, PSP, DS or Tablet thingy.

Where do you live? I'd like to use your internet connection for free too. I could even by a wireless bridge and properly hijack your connection.

Did you remember to change the router's default password to something no one outside your house can guess? You wouldn't want to be locked out of your own router now, would you??

;).
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:10
"period drama"
Trying to do the security stuff now. It's all pretty confusing.
Even with the settings on, my laptop seems to be able to access the WLAN regardless.
Mon 18/07/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Round of applause for gamezfreak.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.