GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Supergrass acoustic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/07/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Excellent. Supergrass are playing a home acoustic gig in Oxford at the fairly small Playhouse Theatre. Got me some front row tickets too.

Can't wait.
Tue 12/07/05 at 20:20
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Saw Supergrass three times last summer, were excellent each time.
> Don't think they'd be so good acoustic though.

We'll see. It's their home town gig and they've been known to put in great performances here. In this type/size of venue it should be quite good. Have to see.
Tue 12/07/05 at 19:02
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Ignore my love for the 'wild as well as matthew will you

And matthew, Zutons? Ahghahaha
Tue 12/07/05 at 18:56
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Saw Supergrass three times last summer, were excellent each time. Don't think they'd be so good acoustic though.
Tue 12/07/05 at 15:51
Regular
Excellent, didn't realise there was a burgeoning Idlewild fan population on here.

I've realised this thread has been completely hijacked. Sorry!
Tue 12/07/05 at 10:01
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Meka, you heading to the Idlewild gig in London on the 5th? Seeing
> as
> you're the only person on here I actually know has seen them before,
> thought I'd ask.
>
> Fine, ignore my love of the 'wild. You bast.

I went to see them in leeds the other month when you did
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:27
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I hope I can look back in 5 years time and think 'my god, I'm glad I went to see The Futureheads supporting the Zutons'

Again, that was a mint gig.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:25
Regular
"not dead"
mattributé wrote:
> Meka Dragon wrote:

>
> They must have played a few the first time I saw them though,
> supporting Ash around the time 100 Broken Windows came out.
>
> Good gig, that must've been.

Awesome. There was a third support band, a group of girls in tacky jewellery - they sucked, but otherwise it was excellent. I think it was Ash's Nu Clear Sounds tour, so they were doing they extremely loud thing at the time too. Excellent.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:19
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> I'd agree with that. 100 broken Windows was awesome, but I struggle to
> get into Hope is Important. Back then though it was more about the
> live performances for them (or so I've read) but having not heard
> many of those songs live, they don't always work for me.

I've got a live recording of Last Night... which is pretty... well... it's awful, compared to the studio version.

100 broken windows is alright, yeah. A transition album, which is always interesting. Just doesn't have that raw power that Hope... does.

> They must have played a few the first time I saw them though,
> supporting Ash around the time 100 Broken Windows came out.

Good gig, that must've been.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:15
Regular
"not dead"
I'd agree with that. 100 broken Windows was awesome, but I struggle to get into Hope is Important. Back then though it was more about the live performances for them (or so I've read) but having not heard many of those songs live, they don't always work for me.

They must have played a few the first time I saw them though, supporting Ash around the time 100 Broken Windows came out.
Mon 11/07/05 at 23:12
Regular
Because they're not anyway near 100 Broken Windows, let alone The Remote Part or W/P. Safe and Sound? Awesome. Film For The Future? Also great. But it's not a great album. 100 Broken Windows onwards are all pure class.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.