GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Having Probs With Live!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/10/04 at 09:07
Regular
"Believe"
i got xbox live yesterday and still dont have it working.
its stupid really because i seem to have tried everything.
I start my xbox up and it goes through trouble shooting it says that he cables are connected but when it gets to IP/ISP or something like that it does not succeed in doing it.it comes up with some help but i dont understand it.
Could someone please help me out.

:'(

Cheers
Infinite
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Believe"
ok i will try.
ARGH still stuck
Thu 28/10/04 at 12:53
Regular
"All about the Beats"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> NTL are fine with me, it does seem odd how it's not working. Works a
> treat here :P

Ditto.

Has your Broadband modem have constant power going to it?

If so, de-power it Connect you Xbox and re-power the modem again.
Thu 28/10/04 at 08:46
Regular
"Touched!"
NTL are fine with me, it does seem odd how it's not working. Works a treat here :P
Thu 28/10/04 at 08:42
Regular
Don't I know!
Thu 28/10/04 at 08:35
But also the most troublesome to change.
Thu 28/10/04 at 08:26
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> NTL is the main reason for your problems.
Wed 27/10/04 at 19:59
Bah, I don't get it. Because you're only using one at a time, Live should be able to detect the IP and DNS addresses automatically, even if they're auto assigned and different from your Pc ones. My only guess is that NTL have *some* way that the Xbox is plugged in instead of a PC. Probably way off though.

I'm more sure that a router will solve this problem, however; it assigns and keeps a central address that your internet connection can find, and because of this it won't know the difference whether the PC or Xbox is coneected, or both. And you get to browse the internet and go on Live at the same time, although that has limited uses.

NTl (and other providers) have taken advantage of the online gaming situation, and are charging extra for those who play on their PS2s/Xboxes but use ICS. the comapny then assigns another IP to their location, one for the Xbox and other for the PC, and make the cash off that. That's why I'm thinking the router will solve your troubles.
Wed 27/10/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Believe"
I dont pay £5 how does that work and also i am running it direct so i will have to change the cables.
Wed 27/10/04 at 18:47
Also, you can't once the sub code is scratched off.

Do you pay NTL the £5 extra for Live? And are you using Internet coneection sharing at this moment, or is it a direct connection that involves switching cables whenever you want to use the net for PC or Live?
Wed 27/10/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Believe"
i have check my DNS numbers in ip config then typed them in manually and it still isnt god damn working.i will have to take it back but i dont want to

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.