GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not ANOTHER Gameboy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 18:39
Regular
Meh, another Gameboy, what is the point of it all! Still the same terrible refective backscreen, still the same tacky sound and still the same two buttons! You'd think they could at least have A, B, X and Y... like a SNES pad!

Okay so there are shoulder buttons but they won't do very much, and they don't have the same potential as two extra front-face buttons!

The games will be the same, okay so Tony Hawks PS2 looks good but there will still be those tacky side-scrollers that just go on, and on, and on!

The GBA won't do very much more that the GBC, if you already have a GBC forget the GBA, it is just a waste of time... advanced my a**e! Just another waste of £80?!

Unquestionably...!

Game

So you disagree?! Why?! What is so special about it!
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:32
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I used to love Mariokart I would play it 24:7 by the way has anyone seen the GBA advert....

This man is walking down the street playing on his GBA then he walks into a public toilet, he walks up to a urinal still playing his GBA stands in front of it dosent take his hands away or look up from his GBA and shakes his leg turns around and walks off ...never taking his eyes of the GBA!
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhhh, the SNES, a great little console - i was stuck to Super Mario All Stars for several days at a time!
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:12
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
My SNES is all boxed up along with Mario, Mariokart and A load of others!
Sat 02/06/01 at 22:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Heh, my SNES is actually working! Cool! I can't find Street fighter II Turbo or Mario Kart anywhere but at least I have Mario.

I will be getting a GBA, but I won't be getting any of the older games.... I'll be getting Tony Hawks and Mario Kart, and Maybe F-Zero Advcance as for the NES and SNES port's, I'll play them on the originals!

Hmmmm... Anyway.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:33
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Yeah that is one of the things i mentioned in my 6 pointer post earlier!
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Anyway, GBA will be great, and it can also link up with the GameCube, so more stuff could be opened up.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:32
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
About right!
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Just replace the 'Gamboy' bit with Tekken/Final Fantasy and you get the same kind of thread.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:29
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Tony Hawks and Spiderman arent ten years old when it comes to games...anyway the games that will be released will probably be great and you will be able to sell youre old GBC for 30+ quid and buy a new game or get a couple of good GBC games for it, since you can still try and complete your old games on the GBA so those will keep you going a while longer as well so that gives Nintendo time to work on a bigger and more difficult project...the GameCube.

THe GBA will also help bring in a little extra cash to help the GC along the way and to get rid of any hiccups when it is first released like on the PS2.
Sat 02/06/01 at 21:27
Regular
finally some one agrees with me that the gay boy advance is crap snes graphics for £80
riiiiiiiiip off

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.