GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sciene and religion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/06/05 at 15:43
Regular
For some people it's straight forward, for some they're not bothered and those who can't decide (Agnostics), because I find that each of the topic need more info :

Science
1.The Big Bang Theory - a logical idea, but where does the all the matter in the univrse come from in the first place? Which is compressed in very small space and then exploded.

2.How did the first creatures came into existence out of a stable environment?

3.How did the Big Bang created resources on earth?
e.g metal ores, soil, etc

Religion
1.How did God appear in existence and then create life; perhaps something else created God?

2."God love and care" for people, yet if bad things happen to good people why doesn't God do something about it.

3.How does religion explains the end of life when the sun turns into a red giant and explodes creating a black hole and sucking anything near it?

Which leads me to conclude on my theory that:
God created Earth and all life, then let the people to decide whether they believe in God or not.
Assuming God is in existence, God thought about what life materials life would need and created them within Earth?
The end of life when the sun enlarges and the explodes, perhaps too many people sinned? God did not intend for life to carry on?

Any ideas?
Thu 30/06/05 at 09:10
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Yey a topic i can have a pennath in. Well being nearly a doctor in Astrophysics (6 months to go woohoo!) i believe int facts (fact three of both cases is a bit wrong)

science one - metals, earth etc are made from other earlier high mass stars, so easily explained
goddy one- (still sciencey) - sun yep will die in a few billion years but we'll be dead before that with the sun expanding (see doctor who a few weeks ago was acually accurate), but it won't turn into a black hole as the sun isn't big enough.

Anyhew back to the big bang, yes it's an extravagent theory, and even i think it is hard to belive, but everything after a second or so can be explained by science (i had to show it for my degree). Anything before a second as far as i'm concerned is just weird chuff! But here's my grumble, where the hell are the dinosaurs in the bible eh?
Thu 30/06/05 at 03:31
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> The Big Bang concept is no more difficult to accept than the concept
> of God.

A concept I can't accept either.

And teh reason I can't, is because what was before it?

A vacuum is something with absolutely nothing in it - that's what space is.

But if space appeared after the Big Bang, then what was there before it?

Nothing? Well, that can't be right, because that's just space again.

I think a more apt theory is that the universe is infinite and always has been.

After all, if there are all these dimensions that we don't understand, there's probably something bigger than time that we can't comprehend.

Or something stupid like that.
Thu 30/06/05 at 03:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Kholdon wrote:
> Any ideas?

You need to present your arguments more convincingly, because posing 6 questions and concluding with a theory that God created all life on earth is a bit of a leap of faith.

It's also worth noting that questions 2 and 3 of the science section have valid answers from the fields of biology and cosmology. I'm not so hot on biology but the cosmological explanation of "How did the Big Bang created resources on earth? e.g metal ores, soil, etc" is that basically all matter that you see (including us, we're mostly carbon and water) was once created by stars, which, at the end of their lives, exploded and sent that matter out into space.

Question 1 of the science section has an unproven scientific theory which is currently being worked on, the answer will probably lie in the realms of Chaos Theory, the Big Bang Theory and the Grand Unified Theory.

The whole thread lends a lot of evidence to the theory that people tend to opt for religion to give them stock answers when they can't understand something ("Hey, we don't need evidence, we just need faith!") because trying to work out the truth is more difficult and the answers undesirable. "Hey, what do you mean by there is no meaning to life?"
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:38
Regular
"8==="
I prefer the violin playing ones.
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:21
Regular
In their little grasshopper pubs under a ceral box, as we are also taught in a Bug's Life.

What a film.
Wed 29/06/05 at 21:16
Regular
"8==="
Grasshoppers are big drinkers.

I had a knees-up with some and they were all ears.
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
>
>
> So cars don't exist because a grasshopper can't comprehend how one is
> made?

Grasshoppers just fly around and collect food and bully ants like in A Bug's Life, they don't even register cars.
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:37
Regular
"8==="
Well here's a problem for you:

Examining a system while you're part of it.
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:36
Regular
"8==="
munn wrote:
> Even though scientists sa the Big Bang is true blah de blah, I can't
> beleive it, for the simple reason that I could never comprehend what
> was before it.
>
> Impossible.

Heh.

So cars don't exist because a grasshopper can't comprehend how one is made?
Wed 29/06/05 at 20:35
Regular
"8==="
Memorandum! wrote:
> The Big Bang concept is no more difficult to accept than the concept
> of God.

An is merely substituting one unknown for another.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.