GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tis hilarious"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Doing my usual trawl around OWW i found this article:

[URL]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/columns/misc/masterduncan01.html[/URL]

And it, along with all the comments from the pro HHH brigade (especially including that *Flair isn't even in HHH's league* comment) is freaking hilarious. My newest favourite thing on the internet by far.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
The fact of the matter is, we can't change WWE

Wrong, if people stopped going to shows and buying the PPV's Vince would soon change things
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:14
Regular
"..."
Worst column currently on OWW...

[URL]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/columns/misc/justinb01.html[/URL]

Seriously, what is the point in having an on-line editor when she lets carp like this get through?
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Very_Metal wrote:
> the whole idea is to enjoy it :)

and criticise Trips at every opportunity :-D

Which brings me to a couple of questions, say if you do make it big and end up going to WWE how would you react to Trips and also can you get me a backstage pass so i can tell him exactly what i think of him please :-D
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ah it's still allowed dude.

i've a pretty good knowledge of how the crappy politics games work and how to treat a locker room (at least in the UK scene) but it didn't stop me goosebumping when Hogan came out at WM 21 and whooped hassan :)

you can learn and develop as a student of the business, but there's nothng to say you can't suspend your disbelief every now and then, the whole idea is to enjoy it :)
Wed 29/06/05 at 18:52
Regular
"8==="
Personally I'd love to still be a Mark, I remember watching Hogan fight King Kong Bundy and thinking it was real and it was great.

*sigh* :(
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:54
Regular
"8==="
Fair enough.

I had a friend who was a 'Smart' when the show wasn't on but somehow managed to become a 'Mark' as soon as it started.
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:34
Regular
"..."
As a regular reader of Obsessed with Wrestling there are even worse examples of blatant Mark-ism.

However a handful of regualrs there have a good knoweldge of ROH, and CZW...so it can't be all bad.
Wed 29/06/05 at 13:15
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Hedfix wrote:
> I don't see anyone called marks on there.
>
> Is it a wrestling term?

A 'mark' is someone who isn't aware of all the backstage events of wrestling, accepting the wrestlers are really their characters and what happens in front of the audience is all that goes on. Basically, a mark will treat WWE like a soap viewer would treat Coronation Street or EastEnders, as though the 'kayfabe' (ie. what's presented to the crowd)

Those involved in the business who know how it works as a business and not just a tv show (wrestlers, promoters, bookers, writers etc) are called 'smart'.

A 'smark' is somewhere between those two - someone who reads the Internet to find out about what happens away from the show, but doesn't know a tremendous amount of stuff about the inner workings of the business themselves.

This allows for 'marking out', where a smark or a smart will react to something as a 'mark' would, for a big move or a big twist in the storyline and such.
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:40
Regular
"8==="
I don't see anyone called marks on there.

Is it a wrestling term?
Wed 29/06/05 at 00:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
They should make a new reality tv show where they put 10 marks in a room together and let them discuss wrestling. Be the funniest thing on tv in ages

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.