GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tis hilarious"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/06/05 at 19:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Doing my usual trawl around OWW i found this article:

[URL]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/columns/misc/masterduncan01.html[/URL]

And it, along with all the comments from the pro HHH brigade (especially including that *Flair isn't even in HHH's league* comment) is freaking hilarious. My newest favourite thing on the internet by far.
Thu 30/06/05 at 18:11
Regular
Heh, Its funny how they've toned down the wrestling in order to stay a family orientated product yet we saw HLA a few years ago - hardly something that you want your 10 year old kid to be watching with his 40 year old mother.
Thu 30/06/05 at 17:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
"Also, you have to consider the channels they're on and who they're broadcasting to. They have to appear to be reasonably family-orientated because if they weren't, they would lose viewers."

Hmmmmmmm
Thu 30/06/05 at 17:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Ant wrote:
> The WWE has HAD to tone down in terms of wrestling product

Did you read that bit?

Just checking.
Thu 30/06/05 at 16:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Very_Metal wrote:
> then i'd ask him for a backstage pass, send it to you, then stand
> behind you sniggering as you gave him YOUR opinions, and replaying
> his hilarious job to the ultimate warrior through my head :D

T'would be even more intense than the promo Cena did with JBL when he was trying to get JBL to hit him. I'd be redder than a United shirt, veins a-popping everywhere :-D
Thu 30/06/05 at 16:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That'd be the same toned down image that had 8 women half naked and gyrating in the ring on Monday would it?

Just checking
Thu 30/06/05 at 15:52
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Kawada wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> the whole idea is to enjoy it :)
>
> and criticise Trips at every opportunity :-D
>
> Which brings me to a couple of questions, say if you do make it big
> and end up going to WWE

hoho indeed good sir :)
i left it a little late to start from scratch and get that far. hell i'll prolly be ddp's age before i get confident enough to work infront of people, and that goes for wrestling as well.

> how would you react to Trips and also can you
> get me a backstage pass so i can tell him exactly what i think of him
> please :-D

i'd tell him what a pleasure it was to meet him, how his match vs Cactus Jack at 2000 rumble was awesome and how much i enjoyed DX, then i'd ask him for a backstage pass, send it to you, then stand behind you sniggering as you gave him YOUR opinions, and replaying his hilarious job to the ultimate warrior through my head :D
Thu 30/06/05 at 15:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
He does make a point which I agree with about the changing style of the business. The WWE has HAD to tone down it's product in terms of wrestling product, because as you can see by the number of neck injuries and surgeries top wrestlers are having, people just keep getting injured!

Also, you have to consider the channels they're on and who they're broadcasting to. They have to appear to be reasonably family-orientated because if they weren't, they would lose viewers. Which is probably why a lot of the storylines seem to suck sometimes, especially ones with 'fairytale' endings. Also, I doubt UPN would be all that happy if the WWE produced something as blatently hardcore as ECW every week.

Some of his points are...misfounded, though, admittedly. :P There's a lot of 'talent' the WWE could get rid of and replace with better superstars, and yet still continue its toned down image eg. JBL, Heidenreich, Viscera etc.
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:23
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> Grow another 5 inches in height or so
> Hit the steroids and gain another 70 pounds
> Lose all signs of ring talent
> Get chummy with HHH/kiss Vince's ass
>
> Once you have accomplished all 4 steps then you shall be deemed ready
> for a world title reign

But only then if HHH says so...
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cong_Man wrote:
> b) He's the mopst popular and cosistant performer in TNA, what more
> does he have to prove to you that he's 'READY'? Become a WWE reject?
> Lose all discernable talent???

Well if we go by WWE standards it's to:

Grow another 5 inches in height or so
Hit the steroids and gain another 70 pounds
Lose all signs of ring talent
Get chummy with HHH/kiss Vince's ass

Once you have accomplished all 4 steps then you shall be deemed ready for a world title reign
Thu 30/06/05 at 14:19
Regular
"..."
Kawada wrote:
> The fact of the matter is, we can't change WWE
>
> Wrong, if people stopped going to shows and buying the PPV's Vince
> would soon change things

Even worse than that....

Jeff Jarrett holds it for nearly a year, and loses to...AJ Styles? I have nothing against AJ Styles but he should NOT be at a world champion level yet.

a) AJ Styles has been world Champion twice ALREADY before this reign.
b) He's the mopst popular and cosistant performer in TNA, what more does he have to prove to you that he's 'READY'? Become a WWE reject? Lose all discernable talent???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.